1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 2, 2010 10:04 AM by Dinz

Should I use Anti-Theft in addition to regular password protecting Word/Excel files?

The only sensitive files that I want to protect are either Excel or Word.  Currently, I password protect them using the feature within either Excel or Word, not McAfee Anti-Theft.  No one other than me has physical access to this computer.  I would like to know if I would gain more protection if I choose to use McAfee Anti-Theft (which is part of my McAfee subscription) in addition to keeping these files password protected.  Would I gain additional protection against internet hackers?  Or, would this just create an additional barrier to me opening my own files?

Thanks for your thoughts.

Don

• 1. Re: Should I use Anti-Theft in addition to regular password protecting Word/Excel files?
          Dinz

Hi Don100,

Personal Vault is a secure container that allows you to safely store private and confidential information on your computer. You can unlock the Personal Vault, place your important files and folders inside the Vault, and then lock it again.
          While the Personal Vault is locked, all of the files and folders inside are not visible, and are protected from unauthorized users which is once again an added safety feature from hackers.  And you can only access the files and folders stored within when the vault is unlocked. Hence for additional safety you could use Antitheft vaults.

Thanks,

Dinesh K