2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 2, 2010 9:32 PM by zapper

McAfee anti virus quarantining legit file

Hi, my McAfee program keeps quarantining a legit file from a game I play called Strat-O-Matic Computer Football, it has done this with other files with this game in the past and it's very annoying to have to keep restoring it and I can't seem to figure out how to add it to the trusted list.

Can someone please tell me if this can be done and how? Thanks in advance for any help.

• 1. Re: McAfee anti virus quarantining legit file
          Dinz

Hi,

If a file exhibits unusual and possibly threatening behavior, Virus Scan uses Artemis technology to evaluate the threat of the unknown file . If you feel that VirusScan has incorrectly quarantined a file you know to be safe, please follow the steps in this document by which the file could be sent to McAfee labs for further investigation .

Regards,
          Dinesh K

• 2. Re: McAfee anti virus quarantining legit file

Thanks for the info but I do already know how to restore the file and send it to McAfee, what I would like to know is how to set the anti virust to ignore this false detection in future scans. There seems to be no way to do this within the program and I contacted McAfee about this and they told me I have to submit the file to Avert and then they can send me a special dat file. They were supposed to send me an email with instructions on how to do this but I never got it. Anyone know how to contact Avert?