5 Replies Latest reply on Apr 1, 2010 2:12 PM by Dinz

Cannot enable real-time scanning, cannot invite others on network,

and cannot re-download purchased product.  Have tried to reach customer support through chat with no luck.  Ready to uninstall McAffee completely and find another product.

• 1. Re: Cannot enable real-time scanning, cannot invite others on network,
          Dinz

Hi,
          Sorry for the inconvenience caused to install the programs, could you please provide the following information so that we could proceed accordingly.

What is the exact error message that we receive during download ? if possible try to attach a screen shot
          What is the computer’s operating system  ?
          how is the computer currently connected to internet ?

Regards,
          Dinesh K

• 2. Re: Cannot enable real-time scanning, cannot invite others on network,

Windows XP - fios internet (a wireless broadband router) - there are 3 computers on our wireless network.  One of the 3 has VirusScan Plus - this is the one where we cannot enable real-time scanning.  It has worked fine in the past up until the past week or so.  When I click "turn on" it comes on for a few seconds and then turns off.  When "on" it tells me there are 3 pcs on our home network protected by McAfee.  The other 2 computers have VirusScan Plus/Dell - 1 came with it installed when purchased.  The other pc had a virus that deleted McAfee and the only download option was the Dell version.  However, I have a message on my account that I have not purchased enough licenses now.

• 3. Re: Cannot enable real-time scanning, cannot invite others on network,
              Dinz

Hi,

The real time scanner gets disabled due to various reasons . For instance if the computer has any other security software installed or even if there exists any malware in the system.
              Please check and uninstall any other security software from add/remove programs and also their files & folders from C:/program files & common files.
              Run the oas-fix utility from here and restart the computer, the real time scanner should stay enabled after the system restarts.
              Do let me know if you still have issues

Regards,
              Dinesh K

• 4. Re: Cannot enable real-time scanning, cannot invite others on network,

I will try this when I get home.

How do I get the same version of McAfee installed on all of our PCs?  The only download option under "my account" is the Dell version, and I only hae 1 license for that.

• 5. Re: Cannot enable real-time scanning, cannot invite others on network,
                  Dinz

Hello,

Since you have only 1 license quantity , you can purchase additional license so that you could install the same version to all the other computers . Please contact customer service from useful links at the top of this page and they will be providing you more information on this.

Regards,
                  Dinesh
                  McAfee Community Moderator