1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 27, 2010 1:03 PM by k3tg

not fully protected

My Mcafee Security Center says my computer is not protected and that I need to click Fix to reinstall some components. When I do that, it does absolutely nothing. I ran the virtual technician and it couldn't find the mcafee components. The program was working fine until about a month ago. I'm not sure how to fix it. I would be willing to re-install it, but I have no link to do so. I don't want to have to pay for it again. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• 1. Re: not fully protected
          k3tg

Before going through the process of uninstalling, you could touch base with Technical Support Chat found at the top of this page under Useful Links. By doing this they will already have the MVT session id.

If they suggest you uninstall then proceed by going to Add/Remove programs, reboot your computer. Next step is to use the MCPR removal tool also found under Useful Links. Reboot again.

Go to My Account and login and download your software again. There is no need to purchase again assuming your subscription is still valid. If you still have problems contact Chat again and ask them to investigate further. They have many more tools available to diagnose problems such as yours.

Good Luck