What is your operating system, service pack, is it 32 or 64-bit and what type of internet connection are you using?
Also what version of Internet Explorer is onboard?
Most retail purchases come with a 30-day money back guarantee, but that would be up to the Customer Service department.
What errors are you getting?
Also do you have any other protection software installed?
Sadly I am quite computer illiterate if you haven't notced . I 'll do my best. I have a Windows Vista, not sure if it 32 or 64... where would I find that? Currently I am using Internet Explorer 8...I think, but I have Firefox too 3.6 or something that I use regularly. I am only using IE to download McAfee VirusScan...
I don't think I have anything else installed. I uninstalled my last McAfee since it ended, but that was through my school. Purdue University. I tried downloading McAfee free through my school but it doesn't download either so I paid for it through the website
I don't get past the gathering download information screen when I am installing and if I do all it says is 'undefined try again'
I really hope I haven't screwed this up...
If you right-click "Computer" and select Properties it should give you the system information.
Try the following
1) Enable Windows Firewall to afford protection during the following procedure. (Control Panel/Security/Turn Windows Firewall On & Off)
2) Go to Internet Explorer Tools/Internet Options/Advanced and click the Reset button, Apply and OK and accept any prompts you get.
3) Close and reopen Internet Explorer then go to Tools/Manage Add-Ons and re-enable the add-ons.
4) Run the MCPR McAfee software removal tool to remove any traces of previous installations. http://service.mcafee.com/FAQDocument.aspx?lc=1033&id=TS100507
5) Reboot and then run the McAfee Preinstall Tool: http://download.mcafee.com/products/licensed/cust_support_patches/McPreInstall.e xe
Try your installation again.
also, my computer is a 32 bit
OK then there is a very good reason that it wont install as it is detecting Enterprise software which I would imagine was what Purdue gave you originally. Perhaps they can tell you what version it was?
There is NO removal tool for it I'm afraid. Other than the uninstall method via Control Panel there is only the method outlined here:
I guess I'll have to go to Itap and ask them if maybe they can reinstall McAfee or figure out what is wrong. If that doesn't work then I will try your method and pray like hell that works . If it doesn't I will just call customer service and get a refund.
Thank you for all your help. I probably will be back if things don't go as planned, thanks again!
Hey, no problem and sorry I couldn't solve it for you. All the best.