9 Replies Latest reply on Mar 28, 2010 2:44 PM by Peter M

Visual tracer not working again.

Hello,

Has anyone been haveing a problem with the visual tracer on mcafee again.I know that for some reason it was not working a while ago,then it was fixed.But now it is down again.If anybody has this problem or heard anything could you please let me know?

Thanks Jack

• 1. Re: Visual tracer not working again.

Has anyone had this problem again?My visual tracer has been down again 4 about a week.This is the 2nd time this has happened.Is there an answer for this?

• 2. Re: Visual tracer not working again.
            k3tg

Technical Support Chat should be able to tell you something under Useful Links at the top of this page

• 3. Re: Visual tracer not working again.

Thanks,but this is an on going problem that affected a bunch of people about a month or 2 ago.Nobody knew what happened,then 1 day it was working again.I have no idea what is going on with mcafee security center.

• 4. Re: Visual tracer not working again.
                Peter M

By now most people should be upgraded to the 2010 interface and Visual Trace is no longer included in that.

We've made it known to McAfee that we aren't too happy losing it.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 28/03/10 10:28:05 EDT AM
                • 5. Re: Visual tracer not working again.

Hey Peter,

As always,thanks for your reply.So you are saying most people have been switched over to 2010?I still have 2009, but have a 2 year subsciption.

Will i be switched over? And how was the adjustment with the new interface?I like the way the old 1 was, because it was not to complicated.

I also remember talking to you about the tracer,which is a real downer for me also.Hopefully they will include it on a later date.It was a great tool and also a tool i don`t believe anyother programs have.                                                 Jack

• 6. Re: Visual tracer not working again.
                    Peter M

Yours will eventually upgrade to the new version.  I attach a picture of it.  If you click that Quickclean item then all the tools appear, Quickclean, Defragmenter and Shredder but unfortunately the Visual Trace was omitted from this edition.

We have asked for it back but they made no promises.

Meanwhile with yours you may wish to contact Technical Support Chat via the Useful Links at the top of this page.

Capture.JPG

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                    • 7. Re: Visual tracer not working again.

Thanks peter,

The new interface looks great.I really can`t understand why they would discontinue the tracer.I think it is a great tool & i believe there are many other users that like this feature also.Maybe The people that put this together would consider adding it.Maybe i can start a poll in the new mcafee forum section for polls,& see who would want it.LOL!! Will i recieve this on an update?

You are a great asset to the forums.I am glad your here!

Thanks again Jack

• 8. Re: Visual tracer not working again.
                        Peter M

I'm sure everyone would vote for its return.   We have asked for it as one of many enhancements that we would like to see.

Thanks for your kind remarks.  Yes you will update to that interface soon.  It hasn't been fully released to all servers yet apparently.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                        • 9. Re: Visual tracer not working again.

Good enough, thanks again!