3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 23, 2010 8:41 AM by Dinz

How do I enable McAfee OAS?

I work on a laptop. My computer was being extremely slow so I decided to shut it down. I pulled out the power cord to the laptop and plugged it back in. (Silly)

When I started the laptop again the little McAfee "V" icon in the taskbar had the no entry/busy symbol over it. When I hover over it, it says "McAfee OAS: Disabled".

I tried almost every to enable it again but I can't find where to enable it. I've restarted my laptop. I've right clicked and looked and at all of its options. I've checked my security center and it say Virus Protection OFF. I'm at a loss.

Does someone know how to enable it?

• 1. Re: How do I enable McAfee OAS?
          Dinz

Hi bex,

Could you please confirm whether you use a home version or an enterprise version .

Did you install McAfee through a cd set up or from the internet ?

Regards,

Dinesh K

• 2. Re: How do I enable McAfee OAS?

It's Home Version. And I installed it on my computer from a CD.

I tried my computer today and it seems that the problem is fixed. The little icon no longer has the red symbol over it and when I hover over it, it says "McAfee OAS: enabled".

I tried the On Demand Scan and nothing came up.

I don't know what's going on now.

• 3. Re: How do I enable McAfee OAS?
              Dinz

Hi bex,

Please make a right click on the Mcafee icon on the system try and post me with the options you see.

Also if possible attach a screen shot of your security center so that we could provide you more information on the programs.

Regards,

Dinesh K