1 2 3 4 Previous Next 31 Replies Latest reply on Sep 30, 2010 10:30 AM by Mithrilhall

old XP-hibernate issue on EEPC 6.0.1

Has someone tested this? I've just tried and got the normal windows new start, nothing seems changed since 6.0.0 .

I thought this issue would be fixed with Patch1 :-(

• 1. Re: old XP-hibernate issue on EEPC 6.0.1
          SCtbe

This issue is fixed in EEPC 6.0.1, but you have to perform new instalation to check this. If you upgrade 6.0.0 to 6.0.1 this wont be fixed.

• 2. Re: old XP-hibernate issue on EEPC 6.0.1

I did. The whole C: partition was restored from an image without any EEPC on it, then the 6.0.1 has been installed. There were no remnants.

Has somebody already tried, what is your experience?

• 3. Re: old XP-hibernate issue on EEPC 6.0.1

I uninstalled all the old EEPC V6 extensions and packages and checked in the new EEPC v6.0.1 packages and extensions, however i am still not able to get the Hibernate & Suspend options.

I do not want to try the hibernation and end up corrupting the user profile

anyone else has tried this Mcafee advised it would be fixed in EEPC 6.0.1 but sorry to say its not

• 4. Re: old XP-hibernate issue on EEPC 6.0.1

what do you mean by "I do not get the hibernate and suspend options" - they are not in the shutdown menu?

That's nothing to do with EEPC - that's a windows problem?

• 5. Re: old XP-hibernate issue on EEPC 6.0.1

Safeboot

I do get the Hibernate & Suspend options in windows but post EEPC V6 & EEPC V6.0.1 installation the hibernate & suspend features do not work, even if you hibernate the PC the next time you start its a clean restart.

The hibernate & suspend features were working before installing EEPC

Do not just blame everything on Windows there are options which were supposed to be available in EEPC V6 and then when they were missed and identified as a bug and were supposed to be a fixed in EEPC v6.0.1 refer the below options.

Mcafee has acknowledge this issue but sorry to say they havent fixed it in 6.0.1

• 6. Re: old XP-hibernate issue on EEPC 6.0.1

I'm confused - you say you have the option to hibernate, but your machine does not resume? I can't reproduce that - what OS version are you experiencing this with?

The original issue was not a failure to resume, it was corruption in the PBFS which meant users could not authenticate. The machine would resume fine once a recovery occurred.

Can anyone else reproduce this problem?

Message was edited by: SafeBoot on 3/29/10 10:06:03 PM GMT-05:00
                    • 7. Re: old XP-hibernate issue on EEPC 6.0.1

This sounds like the issue I am getting and raised with Mcafee support yesterday (i can give you the request number if required?).

Once EEPC 6.01 is installed, the machine will hibernate as normal, but when trying to resume, the progress bar gets to around 75% and then just loads Windows (XP SP3) normally.

Any thoughts?

Dave

• 8. Re: old XP-hibernate issue on EEPC 6.0.1

Dave,

Thats what has been happening with EEPC V6 and i was told it would be fixed in EEPC V6.0.1 but it still hasnt.

However with EEPC V6 on Windows 7 the hibernation works very well for few days but eventually it corrupts the user profile and then keep on giving the 'File Access Error', even after booting with the wintech disk nothing works

• 9. Re: old XP-hibernate issue on EEPC 6.0.1

Hi There,

XP can not wake up from hibernation, it just does a clean start. I have it on my laptop. This is for eepc 6.0 patch 1, thus I confirn this issue.

Windows 7 hibernation corrupts pbfs evantually, and you get a file access error (EE050014). This is for eepc 6.0 patch 1 as well (regardless of KB67902)

)

USb support in preboot environment won't let you boot the system in some cases.

Imho eepc 6.0.1 is not ready for enterprise deployment. I have a open case regarding file access error. Let's see what happens.

1 2 3 4 Previous Next