3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 22, 2011 3:29 PM by Tracy Romine

Real-time scanning issues

I have tried several times to set the real-time scanning to on, but it will not stay on. I ran the virtual technician, my session id is 24769567. The VT listed it as a problem and only suggested I get additional help. Can anyone help?

• 1. Re: Real-time scanning issues
          Dinz

Hi cybertam76,

Can you provide some more information on this ;

What is the computer's operating system ?

Do you have any other security software installed in the computer ?

Have you made any recent changes to the computer ?

Was the computer infected by any malware previously ?

Kindly reply back with the following details so that we could proceed further.

Regards,

Dinesh K

• 2. Re: Real-time scanning issues
            BalaSGS

Hi,

Can you confirm if the issues still persist. If yes, then please clarify

If you made any recent changes to the system (Computer- Software or hardware)?
            Let me know the McAfee version installed in your system?
            Did you have any other security software installed in the computer?
            How do you connect to the internet (DSL, cable..)?

• 3. Re: Real-time scanning issues
              Tracy Romine

The following KB article may be of help.  http://service.mcafee.com/faqdocument.aspx?id=TS100903   

The steps it guides you through include:

1. Have McAfee check for updates
              2. If that doesn't fix it, run the McAfee Virtual Technician.  http://mvt.mcafee.com.
              3. If that doesn't fix it, run the OAS Disabled Fix command utility, linked from the KB article above. 
              4. If that doesn't fix it, do a full uninstall of McAfee, run McAfee Product Remote tool (MCPR), then reinstall.  Be sure to reinstall from the same source that you first obtained McAfee, in order to maintain your license.  Example:  if you got it through AOL, download McAfee from their page.

Failing all that, contact McAfee Support and our agents will troubleshoot.