3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 30, 2016 9:08 AM by exbrit

DLP - Specified USB Devices

sat1522

Hi,

Is there a way to restrick DLP access for a specific device?  I want to restrict access to only the USB device that are authorized to use.  For example, I will be restricting access to the only group of devices that were handed out.  McAfee does have the option to exclude access for McAfee USB key, but I want to further protect the data than just make or model.  There is option to specify serial number for device control, but I can't find a serial number a USB drives.

• 1. Re: DLP - Specified USB Devices
          it1024

Hi sat1522

Using the USB serial number is the best choice and you can find it using other software available online. However USB VID/PID could be your next option.

• 2. Re: DLP - Specified USB Devices
            exbrit

sat1522 wrote:

Hi,

Is there a way to restrick DLP access for a specific device?  I want to restrict access to only the USB device that are authorized to use.  For example, I will be restricting access to the only group of devices that were handed out.  McAfee does have the option to exclude access for McAfee USB key, but I want to further protect the data than just make or model.  There is option to specify serial number for device control, but I can't find a serial number a USB drives.

What McAfee software are you referring to?  If this is DLP I will move this thread accordingly for better support.  Please advise, thanks.

---

Peter

• 3. Re: DLP - Specified USB Devices
              exbrit

After re-reading your post, you specify DLP so have moved this to DLP in the Business community for a response

---

Peter