0 Replies Latest reply on Mar 15, 2010 8:47 AM by Fazer_49

Upgrade agents with 2 ePO Server versions !

Hi all,

We already have ePO v4.0 (1 master + 3 repositories) in use in our company.

We plan to install ASAP the lastest retail version on a new server.

I've already installed a trial version on a virtual server machine (Windows 2003) and set it about the same way as the "old" v4.0 still running.

I'm testing it with a virtual client (Windows XP SP3) and except for a few details to finetune it's working properly.

Now, I've to figure out how to "migrate" the... 650 agents located in 3 sites !

I've read a couple of times the documentation and I'm not quite sure what's the best way to do that !

Should I follow the instructions in the McAfee Agent 4.5 user guide titled " Converting the agent mode from unmanaged to managed mode in windows" and copy the 3 files on the client then execute the frminst.exe (if so which operator is required ?) and then update the clients through the "new" server ePO console ?

I've aslo read somwhere in the manual that keys are involved in the dialogue between the client and the server.

I guess taht I sould import the keys in this new "temporary" server.

Can I do so just while I'm testing the "test" installation without putting the current "old" server "offline" ?

I simply want to validate the upgrade process as well as a brand new install on my test server !

Once everything is validated, I will put this test server offline, reinstall ePO with the license on the prod server and then implement the process I'm inquiring about to migrate ALL our clients !

Your help will be much appreciated !

Thx in advance,

Philippe.