8 Replies Latest reply on Mar 30, 2010 9:25 AM by Derekw10

System Tree Not Updating, Not displaying correct information

Hi All

I am using EPO 4.5 and am having the problem with the system tree updating.

I have noticed a lot of our machines on the system tree are saying the DAT is out of date.

When connecting to these machines the dats are all updated so the system tree is displaying the wrong information.

We seem to have this problem with ½ of our PC’s on the network the other ½ work fine, it seems most pc that have the problem are connected over our VPN.

I also have this problem.

I have the system tree to sync with AD, which it finds new systems. When doing PC upgrades I do the following:

Remove old PC from AD and EPO

Install new PC and rename it to what the old PC was called.

AD finds the PC, EPO will no longer find this machine but the Sync with AD is set up correctly as far as I can see.

Any ideas I am quiet new to EPO so I will need the dummy guild on how to fix.

• 1. Re: System Tree Not Updating, Not displaying correct information
          rmetzger

Derekw10 wrote:

Hi All

I am using EPO 4.5 and am having the problem with the system tree updating.

I have noticed a lot of our machines on the system tree are saying the DAT is out of date.

When connecting to these machines the dats are all updated so the system tree is displaying the wrong information.

We seem to have this problem with ½ of our PC’s on the network the other ½ work fine, it seems most pc that have the problem are connected over our VPN.

I also have this problem.

I have the system tree to sync with AD, which it finds new systems. When doing PC upgrades I do the following:

Remove old PC from AD and EPO

Install new PC and rename it to what the old PC was called.

AD finds the PC, EPO will no longer find this machine but the Sync with AD is set up correctly as far as I can see.

Any ideas I am quiet new to EPO so I will need the dummy guild on how to fix.

Hi Derek

I found Knowledgebase articles that seems on track for this problem.

Not sure this is enough but here is a starting place:

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB52949 "Client computers communicating with ePO 4.0 / 4.5 via VPN disappear from  ePO tree"

Also:

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB60570&actp=search&search id=1268419649992 "Multiple VPN clients update the same ePolicy Orchestrator database entry"

Others may be able to help with more details.

Ron Metzger

Message was edited by: rmetzger on 3/12/10 2:02:49 PM GMT-05:00

Message was edited by: rmetzger on 3/13/10 7:30:55 AM GMT-05:00
          • 2. Re: System Tree Not Updating, Not displaying correct information

Hi thank you for your response.

Sorry I have been really slow at replying had a whole group police issue that has been causing problems which is now fix so only this one left to go.

I looked at the the answers but this dose not solve the problem.

When we first installed EPO on the server the machines were being picked up then for some reason last month it just stopped picking up the latest information on the system tree. This was across the VPN.

The machines that are not being picked up still have the latest DAT's on them but the system tree is not updating,

It seems now about 20% of our machines are running ok some across the VPN that have never been connected to the LAN locally and the rest just sit there dead. What’s even worst now is EPO no longer sync's with AD.

So any systems that are being deleted on EPO/AD are now not being picked back up by EPO when we add a machine of the same name a few days later.

Has anyone had this problem before and how did you fix it?

• 3. Re: System Tree Not Updating, Not displaying correct information

I am not a product expert, but I have moved your post to the ePO area. Hopefully someone can help you soon.

• 4. Re: System Tree Not Updating, Not displaying correct information

Thank you,

I have found a kind of fix but still really need to fix this problem.

I have found if I connect to the machines in questions and uninstall 8.7 then reinstall it, wake up the agents this then updates EPO and keeps it updated.

I have set up a task to remove all 8.5 and 8.7 software then reinstall but this does not seem to work. So the only way I have found so far is to connect to every machine in question and uninstall and reinstall.

So my next question is how do I remover 8.7 or 8.5 from a machine when EPO is not commutating with the machine?

Derek

• 5. Re: System Tree Not Updating, Not displaying correct information
                  jeffreychirino

Are there communication errors shown within the McAfee Agent log?

If that is not the case, the agent should receive the new task and install / remove the software.

For your AD sync problem, I would advise you to try a manual synchronization first. You can do this here: System Tree. Select the Group and then go to the Group Details. If you then edit the Synchronization type, at the bottom of this page, you should have a Synchronize Now button.

If I had to guess, I would guess that the Active Directory Credentials have changed.

• 6. Re: System Tree Not Updating, Not displaying correct information

Hi Jeffery

Thanks for your reply. I am quite new to EPO, in fact have never really delt with it before until now for the past month or so.

Here is the agent logs from one of the PC's with the problem.

I have also tried to Sync Manually but this has not fixed the problem. Anymore ideas would be great otherwise I will have to carry on unstalling and reinstalling the 8.7 on each machine

Agent Subsystem 30/03/2010 09:07:52 Info Agent will connect to the ePO Server in 2 minutes and 18 seconds.
                    Agent Subsystem 30/03/2010 09:07:52 Info Agent communication session closed
                    Agent Subsystem 30/03/2010 09:07:52 Info ePO Server is busy
                    Agent Subsystem 30/03/2010 09:07:52 Info Agent is connecting to ePO server
                    Agent Subsystem 30/03/2010 09:07:52 Info Agent is sending INC PROPS package to ePO server
                    Agent Subsystem 30/03/2010 09:07:52 Info Agent communication session started
                    Agent Subsystem 30/03/2010 09:07:52 Info Agent received REQUEST PROPS package from ePO server
                    Agent Subsystem 30/03/2010 09:07:52 Info Agent communication session closed
                    Agent Subsystem 30/03/2010 09:07:52 Info Package uploaded to ePO Server successfully
                    Agent Subsystem 30/03/2010 09:07:51 Info Agent is connecting to ePO server
                    Agent Subsystem 30/03/2010 09:07:51 Info Agent is sending PROPS VERSION package to ePO server
                    Agent Subsystem 30/03/2010 09:07:51 Info Agent communication session started
                    Agent Subsystem 30/03/2010 09:07:51 Info Agent is looking for events to upload
                    Management 30/03/2010 09:07:49 Info Collecting Properties
                    Agent Subsystem 30/03/2010 09:07:49 Info Agent started performing ASCI
                    Agent Subsystem 30/03/2010 09:04:28 Info Agent will connect to the ePO Server in 3 minutes and 21 seconds.
                    Agent Subsystem 30/03/2010 09:04:28 Info Agent communication session closed
                    Agent Subsystem 30/03/2010 09:04:28 Info ePO Server is busy
                    Agent Subsystem 30/03/2010 09:04:28 Info Agent is connecting to ePO server
                    Agent Subsystem 30/03/2010 09:04:28 Info Agent is sending INC PROPS package to ePO server
                    Agent Subsystem 30/03/2010 09:04:28 Info Agent communication session started
                    Agent Subsystem 30/03/2010 09:04:27 Info Agent received REQUEST PROPS package from ePO server
                    Agent Subsystem 30/03/2010 09:04:27 Info Agent communication session closed
                    Agent Subsystem 30/03/2010 09:04:27 Info Package uploaded to ePO Server successfully
                    Agent Subsystem 30/03/2010 09:04:27 Info Agent is connecting to ePO server
                    Agent Subsystem 30/03/2010 09:04:27 Info Agent is sending PROPS VERSION package to ePO server
                    Agent Subsystem 30/03/2010 09:04:27 Info Agent communication session started
                    Agent Subsystem 30/03/2010 09:04:26 Info Agent is looking for events to upload
                    Management 30/03/2010 09:04:25 Info Collecting Properties
                    Agent Subsystem 30/03/2010 09:04:25 Info Agent started performing ASCI
                    Agent Subsystem 30/03/2010 09:03:21 Info Next policy enforcement in 5 minutes
                    Agent Subsystem 30/03/2010 09:03:21 Info Agent finished Enforcing policies
                    Management 30/03/2010 09:03:21 Info Enforcing Policies for McAfee Agent
                    Management 30/03/2010 09:03:21 Info Enforcing Policies for EPOAGENT3000
                    Management 30/03/2010 09:03:21 Info Enforcing Policies for EPOAGENT3000META
                    Management 30/03/2010 09:03:21 Info Enforcing Policies for VIRUSCAN8700
                    Agent Subsystem 30/03/2010 09:03:20 Info Agent Started Enforcing policies
                    Agent Subsystem 30/03/2010 09:01:23 Info Agent will connect to the ePO Server in 3 minutes and 2 seconds.
                    Agent Subsystem 30/03/2010 09:01:23 Info Agent communication session closed
                    Agent Subsystem 30/03/2010 09:01:23 Info ePO Server is busy

Thanks

Derek

• 7. Re: System Tree Not Updating, Not displaying correct information
                      jeffreychirino

For the problem with the clients, you should look at the following article:
                      https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB66443&actp=search&search id=1269946534834

As for the synchronization problem, what was the error you got when performing the manual synchronization?

• 8. Re: System Tree Not Updating, Not displaying correct information

Jeffrey you are a genius that has worked.

for everyone else that is looking at this the fix is a regesty entry

HKLM-Software-Mcaffe-VSCore-PreferredLanguage

there is a strange text square in the value delete this value and everything works fine. I had to delete the value over a network connection as locally on the PC this did not work.

Does any one know how to set up a VBS script to set this value in a log on script as I am strugling to find a working example.

RegSetValue I know is the command but would like the full command to set the value of PreferredLanguage to "blank".

Derek