2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 12, 2010 4:46 PM by SPyron

Problem with scanning

hey

firstly the problem was with my girlfriends computer. whilst watching a film with her her computer gave us a blue screen and refused to boot, after a long time doing a system repair i managed to get to the user login page.

it wouldn't allow me access to her profile and instead forced me to use a temp user profile. now i managed to create her a new profile but now when trying to run a scan Mcafee refuses to go past 5% where it reaches this file:

c:\program files (x86)\...\UI\photobooth_sort.aui

it also stops at

c:\MSOCache\AllUsers\{...00FF1CE\HomeScrWW.cab

do you have any advice as to how i can get all the way through and verify the security of the machine

thanks steve

• 1. Re: Problem with scanning

I've moved your post to the Home and Home Office are. Hopefully a product expert can help you soon.

• 2. Re: Problem with scanning
            SPyron

Hi Steve,

It's possible these are just very large files and taking an extraordinary time to scan on a system which is slow due to other issues. If you go into SecurityCenter and click Navigation (top-right corner), then click Scan Your PC, then Run A Custom Scan.

Let's try unchecking exclude ZIP and other compressed files and try the scan again?

Please let me know if that helped.