0 Replies Latest reply on Mar 9, 2010 3:20 PM by TerryZ

Deploying exclusions to built in scan task via ePO

This is partially related to VScan and ePO. I've been battling with support on this and the answer they give me I find hard to believe.

What I have come to understand from my communications with both the tech and his manager is that there is no way to deploy exclusions to the built-in scan task on ePO managed installations via ePO console. So, I can exclude files in on-access scan and I can create an on-demand scan task with exclusions, but I cannot control which files the built-in task scans. Basically, if someone were to run a one-off scan from the start menu, all of the files I have set exclusions for will be detected and deleted or whatever vscan chooses to do with it. Take produkey for example. I have excluded this everywhere I can possibly find in ePO, but Mcafee was flagging and deleting it. I finally discovered that someone had run a one-off scan and the file was deleted. This led to my investigation.

So my questions are:

1. What does everyone else out there do, other than rebuilding installation packages each time you want to add an exclusion then initiating a product reinstall? Goes without saying, but I don't want to do this manually to each workstation/server.

2. Does any one else agree that it's very strange that they can't control this?

3. Am I and the support team I was dealing with on crack and you can in fact do this?

Thanks in advance!!