I noticed on the McAfee download site that EEPC 6 Patch 1 was released today. The release notes show they fixed some major problems. i.e.
Issues from previous releases of the EEPC that have been fixed in this release are listed below:
- Removal of the EEPC is possible even when the EEPC is active on the client system.
- EETech: Clicking Enable USB two or more times results in the same USB being listed as a different drive under Authentication | File.
- Pre-Boot storage size resets to default (20 MB) after restarting ePO server.
- When a Lenovo system is encrypted and booted with BartPE EETech Recovery Boot Disk, user is unable to see the C: drive contents in A43 File Management Utility.
- Windows hangs during the startup on Lenovo systems with an ATI graphics card running Windows XP.
- Unable to navigate to the Recovery Type page under Menu | Data Protection | Encryption Recovery in ePO.
- Allows to access the Select User page under Menu | Data Protection | Encryption Recovery even when the System Recovery option is selected.
- Unexpected error is observed while using Quick Find option on Manage Simple Words page without having any simple word group.
- Changing default password setting to a new password for assigned users who are not initialized does not accept both new and old default passwords in upgrade scenario.
- Error accessing file EE050014 after resuming from hibernation.
- New Token Integration for Gemalto .NET V2 Endpoint applet (Credit Suisse).
- The Endpoint Encryption Windows logon page on locked XP system hangs if the logon page is left idle for 2 minutes.
- Delete user if the user is disabled in Active Directory option under Menu | Configuration | Server Settings | Endpoint Encryption | Edit is not functioning and the Pre-Boot Authentication is bypassed.
- Win XP SP3 issue : The Endpoint Encryption logon screen appears on locking the workstation even when the Endpoint Encryption logon is disabled.
- GINA does not chain to any DLL other than MSGINA.DLL.
- Dell D630C laptops do not display the Pre-Boot Authentication page and they hang displaying a black screen.