4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 4, 2011 3:37 AM by mwebb

error while installing site advisor 3

we r using epo 4.5 and i am unable to push siteadvisor on client pcs from epo server

i am getting the following error

Error occurred while installing SITEADV_3000.   
      Updater    3/3/2010    11:27:51 AM    Info    Verifying saelaunch-3.0.0.539.2.exe.   
      Updater    3/3/2010    11:27:51 AM    Info    Verifying saebundle-3.0.0.539.2.exe.   
      Updater    3/3/2010    11:27:51 AM    Info    Installing SITEADV_3000.   
      Updater    3/3/2010    11:27:50 AM    Info    Loading update configuration from: PkgCatalog.xml

• 1. Re: error while installing site advisor 3

Did you ever get this resolved? This is not happening for all my systems but it is for a number of them and I cannot figure out how to resolve it.  I'm also running ePO 4.5 with 4.0 agents but this occured before I recently upgraded to the ePO 4.5.

Thanks,

• 2. Re: error while installing site advisor 3
            Sk1dMARK

I don't know if this will help you guys, but it works for me under certain circumstances where products mysteriously fail to install.

1.) Open CMD prompt on the target machine.

2.) navigate to windows\system32

3.) type "msiexec /unregister" Press <enter>

4.) type "msiexec /regserver" Press <enter>

5.) try install again.

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Mark

• 3. Re: error while installing site advisor 3

I'll give this a shot but unfortunately I cannot reach everyone since we are a global company and a lot of these users are not at a site with IT support. I was hoping for a solution on the ePO server or something magical like that.  :-)

Thank you for the reply though.  I'll see if this works for those I can get to.

on 5/19/10 10:54:00 AM GMT-06:00
              • 4. Re: error while installing site advisor 3
                mwebb

I'm also getting the same error when installing Site Advisor as a deployment task on several PC's/Laptop's.

Have tried the unregister and reregister - unfortunately that hasn't worked for me.

Has anyone else had this issue and if so did you find a way of installing site advisor?

Thanks

Found a work around, see this discussion thread: https://community.mcafee.com/message/178462#178462

Message was edited by: mwebb on 04/03/11 03:37:42 CST