1 2 Previous Next 11 Replies Latest reply on Mar 3, 2010 11:27 AM by exbrit

    Dat 5908

      I am in Ohio and dat 5908 is on U.S. server but when manually updating keep either getting an error occurred or your programs are up to date. Been trying for a hour now. McAfee must have put a corrupted file on U.S. server.

      Jerry

      PS when it does start downloading the percentage stays at 0% for a few seconds then the error message shows.

        • 1. Re: Dat 5908

          BigJ wrote:

           

          I am in Ohio and dat 5908 is on U.S. server but when manually updating keep either getting an error occurred or your programs are up to date. Been trying for a hour now. McAfee must have put a corrupted file on U.S. server.

          Jerry

          PS when it does start downloading the percentage stays at 0% for a few seconds then the error message shows.


          Either this is a corrupted file or McAfee is having server problem AGAIN! Index file shows 5908.0000 is on the server but most of the time now I get your programs are up to date. Anyone else check this out????

          Jerry

          • 2. Re: Dat 5908

            BigJ wrote:

             

            BigJ wrote:

             

            I am in Ohio and dat 5908 is on U.S. server but when manually updating keep either getting an error occurred or your programs are up to date. Been trying for a hour now. McAfee must have put a corrupted file on U.S. server.

            Jerry

            PS when it does start downloading the percentage stays at 0% for a few seconds then the error message shows.


            Either this is a corrupted file or McAfee is having server problem AGAIN! Index file shows 5908.0000 is on the server but most of the time now I get your programs are up to date. Anyone else check this out????

            Jerry


            Well McAfee virtual technician just said no problems found and 5907 is expected dat so must be server problem as index file still shows 5908.0000 is on the U.S. server.

            Jerry

            • 3. Re: Dat 5908

              about 1:30 EST I also was trying to do a manual update and had the same problem as you.  At first the update check started downloading a new dat file but after a few seconds it failed.  I tried again and this time it indicated my programs were up to date.  Several more attempts gave me either your programs are up to date or an attempted download ending in failiure.  I also ran virtual technician and it indicated no problems found.

              Around 1:44 EST time I tried running a manual update again and this time it downloaded and installed dat 5908.

              So perhaps they fixed the problem on their end?

              • 4. Re: Dat 5908

                snowman17 wrote:

                 

                about 1:30 EST I also was trying to do a manual update and had the same problem as you.  At first the update check started downloading a new dat file but after a few seconds it failed.  I tried again and this time it indicated my programs were up to date.  Several more attempts gave me either your programs are up to date or an attempted download ending in failiure.  I also ran virtual technician and it indicated no problems found.

                Around 1:44 EST time I tried running a manual update again and this time it downloaded and installed dat 5908.

                So perhaps they fixed the problem on their end?


                Thanks for the reply but at 2:28pm est here in Ohio still most of the time says programs up to date and still at 5907. So server problem must be the issue again.

                Jerry

                • 5. Re: Dat 5908

                  Update at 2:32pm mine updated to 5908. Thanks for responding snowman17. McAfee still must be having server problems from time to time. Anyway I was finally updated and now can do other things.

                  Jerry

                  • 6. Re: Dat 5908

                    I am very glad to hear you finally had 5908 download and install.  I began to worry why I was able to get the download while you still were not.

                    whatever the problem was I am glad they fixed it for both our sakes.

                    • 7. Re: Dat 5908
                      exbrit

                      It isn't necessarily server problems.  DAT's that appear on the Enterprise product download pages are not necessarily always released immediately and can't be downloaded for home products from that page in any case, some are even withdrawn from time to time.  So just go with the flow, let McAfee update when it wants to.

                      • 8. Re: Dat 5908

                        Ex_Brit wrote:

                         

                        It isn't necessarily server problems.  DAT's that appear on the Enterprise product download pages are not necessarily always released immediately and can't be downloaded for home products from that page in any case, some are even withdrawn from time to time.  So just go with the flow, let McAfee update when it wants to.


                        Well Peter I disagree and think it was a server problem as I know it was on my server when I checked for updates. Around 12:15pm tuesday afternoon the index file showed 5908 dat was on my server. So when I see that it is there it should be able to download shortly after that time. I do not check for updates if index file shows previous days dat. And yes this index file is for us home users.

                        Jerry

                        PS url below is what Brian from McAfee showed us to check what index file is on our servers:

                        Internal document removed

                        Second line from top shows what dat is on server. Of course you have to extract the index file first to see it. You have to double click on index file wherever you saved it on your computer.

                         

                         

                        Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 03/03/10 5:48:46 EST AM
                        • 9. Re: Dat 5908
                          exbrit

                          I didn't say it wasn't a server problem.  Until such time as they return the ability to manually update the home product, which is on our ever-growing wish list, it isn't serving any purpose except to frustrate yourself by checking what is "available".

                          Brian from McAfee, whomever that is, has opened a can of worms allowing that out, so I have removed it as it is not supposed to be given to the general public, corporate customers, perhaps.

                           

                           

                          Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 03/03/10 6:43:09 EST AM
                          1 2 Previous Next