My suggestion is to upgrade/install the following patches:
- ePO Server 4.5 - install patch 1
- VSE 8.7 install patch 2 + HF517265.
- Upgrade McAfee Agent to ver 4.5
We use this on ~2500 machines, I don't expect any problems during upgrade from your versions.
Instead of installing VS8.7 patch 2 and MA4.5 now, you can wait few days for VS8.7 Patch 3 (should be released on 9/03/2010) and MA4.5 Patch1 (should be released late March) and after testing rollout the latest version of patches.
All patches are available for download from:
- The latest releases for VirusScan Enterprise can be found through KnowledgeBase article KB65944. This contains links to the latest release notes, patches and hotfixes.
- The latest releases for ePolicy Orchestrator can be found through KnowledgeBase article KB65773. This contains links to the latest release notes, patches and hotfixes.