2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 25, 2010 8:55 AM by Dinz Branched from an earlier discussion.

3-user Total Protection

Hi everyone,

Last week I bought the license for a 3-user of Total Protection and has been only possible to run with no problems on a  desktop running under Windows XP. Although on this notebook running under Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit it has not been possible by now. Even I have seen the blue screen noticing a big crash on the system and then restarting under a safe mode. By now the computer seems to be OK...? There's no way to install properly the mentioned software. In addition Windows support line showed a message explaining that there was a problem with mcshell (indeed has not been possible yet to properly activate the registration of the pre-installed McAfee Security Center on the notebook --> all of them are original and very new).

Has anyone had such experience?

Your support will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Rafa

• 1. Re: 3-user Total Protection

Hi,

Check the date and time, if it is not correct, correct it and restart the computer

What is the type of Operating system ? ( Windows XP / Windows VISTA / Windows 7 )

What is the type of internet connection ? ( DSL / Dial-up / Cable / Wireless / Satellite )

Get back to us with the above details.

• 2. Re: 3-user Total Protection
            Dinz

Hi Rafa,

May i know at which step the installation crashes , Is it when you click on the Download button on the website or when you execute the DM set up ?

Also provide us some information about the operating system of the computer , Was it an upgrade from vista or a brande new one  ?

Regards,

Dinesh K

on 2/25/10 8:55:01 AM GMT-06:00