2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 22, 2010 12:35 PM by rmetzger

Virusscan 8.7 cannot edit "processes to exclude"

We recently upgraded a number of servers form MacAfee Virusscan 8.0 to 8.7.0i. When we came to edit the “prevent mass mailing worms from sending mail” adding a program to the “processes to exclude” the OK button is grayed out.

Does anyone know how to rectify this situation or does it need uninstalling?

Many thanks

Discussion moved from Home and Home Office to VirusScan Enterprise for better attention - Moderator

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 21/02/10 3:38:41 EST PM
        • 1. Re: Virusscan 8.7 cannot edit "processes to exclude"
          rmetzger

james999 wrote:

We recently upgraded a number of servers form MacAfee Virusscan 8.0 to 8.7.0i. When we came to edit the “prevent mass mailing worms from sending mail” adding a program to the “processes to exclude” the OK button is grayed out.

Does anyone know how to rectify this situation or does it need uninstalling?

Many thanks

Hi James,

I was caught by this one too, early after upgrading my system as well.

I am guessing you went to:

VirusScan Console > Access Protection > Anti-virus Standard Protection > Prevent mass mailing worms from sending mail

Instead try:

VirusScan Console > Access Protection > User-defined Rules > Prevent mass mailing worms from sending mail

There, the OK button should be available for changes to be applied.

Good luck and post back your results.

Thanks,

Ron Metzger

on 2/22/10 1:35:42 PM GMT-05:00
          • 2. Re: Virusscan 8.7 cannot edit "processes to exclude"
            mrandolp

Hi James,

Select the group or server name, select policies, change product to VirusScan Enterprise 8.7.0. User defined rule, Rule name you can change the name to the group or to a server name, or just add a one to Server and this will allow the OK not to be grayed out.

Hope this helps

Mike

Message was edited by: mrandolp on 2/22/10 1:50:56 PM GMT-06:00