1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 20, 2010 5:09 AM by YOGA*

System Security Popup

I have Window XP SP3.  I have recently had two instances where IE8 has closed unexpectedly and a popup from "System Security" advises me that there are viruses on my computer and it immediately begins running a scan.  I realize this is a rogue program and exit it immediately.  McAfee and Malwarebyte scans show no infections.  I can still open task manager and there are no rogue processes running as far as I can ascertain.  Is there an additional step I can take to prevent future occurrences of this annoyance?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

• 1. Re: System Security Popup

Hi,

System security is an infection.

What is the type of internet connection you are having ?

checked the date and time, if it is not correct, correct it and restart the computer

Does mcafee says "Am I protected?YES" or "Your Computer is Secure" ?

)(------------------------------------------------------------------------------ ----------------------------------------------------)(

If mcafee says  Am I protected?YES or  Am I protected?No message then click on about which is in the right bottom corner

and then check the version of mcafee virus scan. It should be 13.15, under which you can see the DAT version

The DAT version should not be less than   5897.0000, if it is less than 5897.0000, close this window and click on update in mcafee.

Once the update completes check the DAT it should be 5897.0000

Then perform the full scan.

)(------------------------------------------------------------------------------ ----------------------------------------------------)(

If mcafee says  Computer is secure or Computer is at risk click on the navigation button at the top, it will go to next page were you can click on about. Ccheck the version of mcafee virus scan. It should be 14.0, under which you can see the DAT version

The DAT version should not be less than   5897.0000, if it is less than 5897.0000, close this window and click on update in mcafee.

Once the update completes check the DAT it should be 5897.0000

Then perform the full scan.

Even after that if you face the same issue get in touch with http://service.mcafee.com and click on Virus Removal, from were you can get the details fo virus removal support.