4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 20, 2010 11:24 AM by SafeBoot

EEM 5.23 issue with User ID's

mrandolp

I'm having issues with some User ID's, I had a Dr. who had been using his laptop in clinic without issue.  He shut it down last night and when he tried to log-in to the pre-boot screen he received several errors. Help Desk ran him through the local recovery process and still was unable to log-in.  After the call came to me, I tried to reset the password token for the user ID and was unable to.  I deleted the ID and importred the user back into EEM.  Had the PC tech log-in to the laptop and resynch.  After the reboot the Dr. was able to log-in and answer the security questions and was good to go.  Any suggestions?

Thanks Mike

• 1. Re: EEM 5.23 issue with User ID's

Do you know exactly what steps local helpdesk asked him to perform and what errors were seen?

Normally in those situations boot machine once should be performed.

Instead of reset token, create token should be done.

Message was edited by: peter_eepc on 2/19/10 1:43:43 PM EST
          • 2. Re: EEM 5.23 issue with User ID's

why were you unable to reset the token? did you not have enough rights to do it?

Do you know what the errors were? Perhaps they were "Your id or password is incorrect" ;-)

• 3. Re: EEM 5.23 issue with User ID's
              mrandolp

I was unable to reset the token.  And yes I do have the correct rights. From what was relayed to me the error was not user ID or password is incorrect.  The error I received when I treid to reset the token I believe it was invalaid token and can not be reset.  That's when I deleeted the user ID.  Had to get it done cause the Dr. had to see patients.

Thanks Mike

Message was edited by: mrandolp on 2/19/10 12:57:59 PM GMT-06:00

Message was edited by: mrandolp on 2/19/10 12:58:41 PM GMT-06:00

Message was edited by: mrandolp on 2/19/10 12:59:17 PM GMT-06:00
              • 4. Re: EEM 5.23 issue with User ID's

next time, just recreate the token ;-) I guess the doctor had locked it out through too many invalid attempts.