5 Replies Latest reply on Mar 9, 2010 12:44 PM by sameer172006

Reactivation of McAfee subscription

Hi,

I recently restored my Dell Vostro 1310, then I had problems with the pre-installed copy of McAfee Total Protection.  First, I believe I did something wrong with the reactivation of McAfee after restored the laptop.  I log on to https://www.mcafeeasap.com/SC/SignIn.aspx website created an activation number use it to join my existing account again; and the subscription expire date became 5/14/2011.  However, my subscription should be end in 3/24/2010 not next year.  Second, all the software services are running but actually not because the no firewall warning pop-up and no scan file option on the right click sub-menu.  Looks liks the McAfee agent is not up because the McAfee icon in the task tray disappeared (it was there before activating it).  I checked the myAgent log, myNotices.log and found out after the activation the log stop updating and had a line "Warning myAgtSvc:3b0 Unable to clean FactoryInstallation status. 0".  Now, how could I fix the subscription date problem and reactivate the software.

• 1. Re: Reactivation of McAfee subscription

Moved this to the Total Protection Service area. Hopefully someone with product experience can help you.

Have you tried logging a service request?

• 2. Re: Reactivation of McAfee subscription

QLQ,

Please log back on to the McAfee Security Centre ( www.mcafeeasap.com ) .

Check if your computer is shown as up to date under the computers tab. If it shows that your computer is out of date, then please delete it from there.

Then I suggest you uninstall the software completely from the Control Panel. Make sure you uninstall all the components that you have had installed.

Once that is done, Please log back on to the mcafeeasap.com and then click on Install Protection > Install on new computers not yet managed by Security Centre > display Advanced Installation methods > Install now on this computer.

Let the installation complete and update and check if all the necessary components are active.

please revert for any more information.

Sameer

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Reactivation of McAfee subscription

Hi

Please consult KnowledgeBase article KB53658. If this does not resolve your query, please log a case with McAfee Technical support quoting the article number.

HTH

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Reactivation of McAfee subscription

Hi:

Thank you for you guys help.  I fixed my problem by uninstalling the software then using online installation URL to reinstall the McAfee Total Protection on the client.  This time the software did not require activation and my license number did not go up.  For the extra license I got; I called McAfee support to help me with this problem.  Thanks again.

• 5. Re: Reactivation of McAfee subscription

It is great to know QLQ.

I am happy that we were able to help you !

Cheers !

Sameer