6 Replies Latest reply on Feb 24, 2010 2:58 AM by rackroyd

ePO 4.5 Agent Reporting Issue

I have ePO 4.5 running on Windows 2003 R2 SP2, with a dedicated SQL 2005 Express DB and am using it to manage 33 servers and clients (5 are vpc's).

One of the vpc's always shows as "Non-Compliant" - on reviewing why, it has the current Engine/DAT, but the agent Product Version is blank. I've tried waking the agent and reinstalling the agent (and VSE), but that doesn't seem to make any difference. If I go to the client and have the agent collect and send props it works and VSE updates OK.

Has anybody else seen this and found a solution?

Message was edited by: msl on 19/02/10 02:09:10 CST
        • 1. Re: ePO 4.5 Agent Reporting Issue
          rackroyd

Hi,

What happens if you make a agent wakeup call to this machine with the 'Get full product properties...' option ticked ?

Rgds,

Rob.

• 2. Re: ePO 4.5 Agent Reporting Issue

Hi Rob

I keep that option checked, but have just repeated the wakeup call as you suggest and the result is as originally described - "No Mcafee Agent properties available at this time" .  All agent functionality appears to be correct but ePO refuses to display the agent details for this one machine.

Regards

Mark

• 3. Re: ePO 4.5 Agent Reporting Issue
              rackroyd

Hi,

It's odd that all other product properties report correctly, and that the agent otherwise functions ok.

Which OS is the virtual machine running and which McAfee agent ?

I'd suggest perhaps removing the Machine from the ePO directory - but do not send an uninstall command to remove the actual agent.

This will take the machine entry out of the database. Because it still has a running agent the actual machine will talk back on the next agent-server communication interval an re-add itself to the directory tree somewhere. (May not be in the same place).

You can use the local agent monitor buttons to speed that up if needed.

This will refresh the server-side too.

Rgds,

Rob

• 4. Re: ePO 4.5 Agent Reporting Issue

Rob

Thanks for the swift reply.  OS is XP Pro SP2 and agent is 4.5.0.1270 (the other four virtuals are the same and work fine).

I will try your suggestion and let you know.

Regards

Mark

• 5. Re: ePO 4.5 Agent Reporting Issue

Rob

Virtual did add itself back into the tree at the next comms cycle, but the issue remains.

Regards

Mark

• 6. Re: ePO 4.5 Agent Reporting Issue
                    rackroyd

Ok, in that case you might want to consider opening a support call to investigate this further.

It'll be necessary to review the log and configuration files, some of which are encrypted.

Kind Regards,

rob.