Skip navigation
McAfee Secure sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
4195 Views 5 Replies Latest reply: Feb 22, 2010 2:52 PM by MoxieMomma RSS
Newcomer 1 posts since
Feb 17, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

Feb 18, 2010 3:25 AM

The McAfee security pop up keeps "popping up" stating that my computer is not fully protected ....

The McAfee pop up in the bottom right corner of the screen continually "pops up" stating that my computer is not fully protected. when I open up the McAfee home screen, the message states that my subscription needs to be verified. I follow the prompts, verify my subscription, yet the message will not clear. What's up with that? Anyone have the same issue?

• Newcomer 4 posts since
    Feb 22, 2010
  • Apprentice 52 posts since
    Jan 17, 2010

Hi,

Check the date and time (if it is not correct, correct it restart the computer)

What is the type of OS ? (Windows XP / Windows VISTA / Windows 7)

What is the type of internet connection ? (DSL / Dial-up / Cable / Wireless / Satellite)

Open the mcafee if it says Am I protected?No

Click on About

and get back to us with the versions, Also under mcafee viurs scan it will have DAT version, mention it.

Follow the link given below  :

http://us.mcafee.com/apps/agent/tools/ts/ts_getemail_new.asp

it will list the products under the email address, check whether it is the correct email address and also list the details

and get back to us.

• Newcomer 4 posts since
    Feb 22, 2010

date and time ok

OS - Vista Ultimate

Internet Connection = Cable

Security Center 9.15.175

VirusScan = 13.15.116

PersonalFirewall = 10.15.106

SiteAdvisor = 3.0.1.163

Anti-Spam = 10.15.106

Parental Controls = 11.15.102

Easy Network = 3.15.100

Backup/Restore = 3.15.100

Email address verified correct

• MoxieMomma Apprentice 208 posts since
    Jan 8, 2010

Started having the same problem here a few days ago, intermittently.

Happened twice after routine DAT/SC updates in the past few days (I have updates set to check, but to notify me to download and install), and AGAIN last night for no apparent reason when there was no updating in progress (I was just working on the computer in MS Word).

The errors in the GUI this last time pertained to "real time scanning" disabled, spyware/PUP protection disabled, IM protection (all 3 of these had a RED dot), script protection and buffer overflow (these 2 had a YELLOW dot).

Start > msc.services showed that all 4 McAfee processes were started and automatic EXCEPT McAfee Application Installer Cleanup (0195181266442636) which is set to "automatic", but is not started.

Clicking "fix it" in the GUI DID fix it.  This time.  Again.  But I wonder when I will start having the problem of "fix it" NOT fixing it?

My versions on my Dell-installed MSC from the GUI > "about") are:

SC 9.15.175 (2/17/2010)

VS 13.15.116, DAT 5899 (2/21/2010), Engine 5301.4018

PF 10.15.106 (11/18/2009)

AS 10.15.106 (10/21/2009), Content 3048, Content Update 3/11/2009, Engine 2.1.0.7828

PC 11.15.102 (9/4/2009)

System info is below in my signature.

Yes, I do have standalone, 3-rd party security apps installed for manual, on-demand, anti-malware scanning (Counterspy 3.1, MBAM 1.44, SuperAntispyware 4.34.1).

I have had Counterspy for as long as I've had this system, without conflicts; And MBAM and SAS were installed at the recommendation of the moderators here during the consumer DAT update fiasco in early January, also without problems.

I have scanned with all 4 applications since this happened last night (including McAfee's scheduled overnight scan), and all are clean.

No other suspicious computer behavior to suggest rootkit or other infection.

(Oh, at least in Firefox, that link you posted above to get the list of services did not render -- it came up blank.)

The only thing I can see to do now that isn't already done, in terms of troubleshooting is to set the McAfee Application Installer Service to "automatic" AND "started".

Should I do this?

Anything else?

Thanks,

MM

PS This is really becoming a PIA.  I had no apparent trouble with the functionality of McAfee for >1 year, until the troubles begain in early Jan with the consumer DAT updates.  Since then, it's been a never-ending stream of *some* new problem popping up every few days.

Dell XPS 8100, Intel Core i7-860 @ 2.8  GHz; 8 GB RAM; Win 7 Ultimate (x64); KIS 2011; MBAM Pro; IE8 (patched); FF 3.6.10; TB 3.1.4; Cable HSI (Road Runner)  w/router.
  • MoxieMomma Apprentice 208 posts since
    Jan 8, 2010

Bump, please.

Anyone?

PS I have NO IDEA how all that white space ends up after my signature.  I am NOT hitting <enter> and have gone back in to try to delete the spaces, to no avail.  Sorry.

Message was edited by: MoxieMomma on 2/22/10 2:53:33 PM CST

Dell XPS 8100, Intel Core i7-860 @ 2.8  GHz; 8 GB RAM; Win 7 Ultimate (x64); KIS 2011; MBAM Pro; IE8 (patched); FF 3.6.10; TB 3.1.4; Cable HSI (Road Runner)  w/router.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 5 points
  • Helpful Answers - 3 points