5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 3, 2010 3:18 PM by bigB

Auto-Update doesn't seem to be working

I'm not sure if the auto-update is working or not.  I have McAfee Total Protection 2010 installed on two computers and both seem to have the same problem.

Security Center gives a time when it was last updated and the time of the next update.  However, if I dont Manually update the product, then the "last updated" time doesn't change.   I assume that the auto-update feature is not working and that McAfee isnt being updated.  A manual update works.  The auto-update settings have not been changed from default.  And the product isnt being updated automatically.

Anyone else experiencing this or have any advice?  Thanks.

• 1. Re: Auto-Update doesn't seem to be working

Hi,

Check the date and time, if it is not correct, correct it and restart the computer

to get the automatic updates, open MCAFEE TOTAL PROTECTION -> click on updates -> click on view setting

• Download and install updates automatically should be selected

if not select it and click on Apply, if the issue still exist get back to us with the following information ::

What is the type of operating system you have ? (Windows xp/Windows VISTA/Windows 7)

What is the type of internet connection you have ?(cable/DSL/Dial-up/Wireless/Satellite)

WITH REGARDS

YOGA

• 2. Re: Auto-Update doesn't seem to be working

Thank you, Yoga.

Right now I'm doing the DL of McAfee Virtual Tech. Hopefully that will help.

• 3. Re: Auto-Update doesn't seem to be working

Thanks for the response.

This issue effects both computers that I have it running on.  Using wireless DSL, however my desktop computer is using both wireless and ethernet.

First computer is running Windows 7 64 bit

Second computer is a Mac, Running (bootcamp) windows 7 32 bit

My date/time on the computer is set correctly.  Auto-updates are also set to download and install updates automatically.

when you look at the updates section it gives the time of the last update and the time for the next update.  But the "last" update time does not change unless I do a manual update.  I've waited two days and the Last updated time doesnt change, only the next update time keeps advancing.

When I ran MVT, is said that the dat file is out of date when I wait for the program to auto-update.

is there something that has to be set on the wireless router to allow auto-updates?

thanks

• 4. Re: Auto-Update doesn't seem to be working

By the way, LOVE the new McAfee Icon

• 5. Re: Auto-Update doesn't seem to be working

I have same issue ever since update to 2010. Worked just fine with 2009. Did tech support, virt. tech ,remote tech, reinstall and all. Still no different. Big waste of 2+ hrs. dealing with tech support. They removed programs I always had with 2009 version and never had an issue. I'll manually update until this expires and then find and another program. XP sp3