1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 15, 2010 4:26 PM by anandd

Im have a virus problem!

I downloaded a program because i was told i needed it to get an ebook and i got a virus from the site i downloaded it from and it is a nasty little thing and i need help.  i have exosted just about every free option i have in fighting this thing, here is my situation...

when i start up my comp(regular, safe mode, & safe mode with networking). it freezes anywhere from the loading startup to 15 min. into it but it will eventually freeze.  i have mccafee but it blocked me from starting up the program, i would start it and it would freeze or just not come up.  so i uninstalled it and now it wont let me reinstall it from the website or the cd.  now i am trying another program and it scans my computer but it can never finish because it eventually freezes up on me. i tried spybot s&d and that wont start either.  the only way i can get anything to scan is to go into the file by exploring and starting it manually.  i know that mccafee can scan my comp remotely but i have no money and cant pay the $90 they need for it.  not that i think it will help because to scan remotely i am pretty sure that i need to have my comp. not freeze up on me/them for that.  I have exosted all option and need some help.  Also if i do go through with the remote scan and pay the money, if it doesnt fix the problem do i still have to pay?

any help would be much appreciated.