Skip navigation
McAfee Secure sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
2964 Views 5 Replies Latest reply: Dec 7, 2012 9:22 AM by cezmi.cal RSS
subhani Newcomer 28 posts since
Dec 14, 2009
Currently Being Moderated

Feb 14, 2010 7:52 AM

Error loading Policy

Hi , I am having a problem since more than 10 days now .As you  know that using the Global Admin you can modify the Security Policy (Screenshot attached) by entering your values which are than used by Windows Baseline Scan. In this case, I modified the policy (Windows Server 2003 Policy) to reflect my company's standards and as soon as I clicked on Save, the page disappeared. Now we can't open the Policy Page at all. We get the error message: "Error -- could not load your policy". Findings: - We are using Foundstone appliance FS1000 and the Java Version is 1.6.0_02-b06. -I  Cleared the cache and tried but it did not work out. I tried from my machine as well as on the Foundstone appliance itself. So, the issue happens for any client machines. - This is a Single Server architecture and all components are installed on this same server. - Apart from this problem, foundstone is working properly. If I run a baseline compliance scan, it can even read my defined policy however it can't load them via browser which prevents me to make other changes to the policy.

@Cathy , do not ask me to open a ticket with Mcafee .I did this on the same day but it is more than 10 days and they are playing with me (Tier 1 has no clue about the reason)  by asking me to provide this and provide that .Last demand is to upload all of my FS Database which is around 1 GB which I refused .

Attachments:
  • jhaynes Community Leader 224 posts since
    Nov 3, 2009
    1. Feb 14, 2010 11:20 AM (in response to subhani)
    Re: Error loading Policy

Hi Shahzad,

I don't have an answer to your issue as its not something that support has seen previously. The correct approach is to open up a support ticket on issues like this. Based off of your post though I see that you have already done that. Please PM me the support ticket number and I'll make sure that this issue is getting addressed properly if it isn't already.. It might turn out that I'm going to make the same request that tier 1 did though which is to get a copy of your database. As I stated above nobody is support has encountered this issue before.

Jeff Haynes

• Community Leader 479 posts since
    Nov 3, 2009
    3. Feb 16, 2010 10:13 AM (in response to subhani)

Taken Offline

• cezmi.cal Newcomer 6 posts since
    Jun 1, 2012
    5. Dec 7, 2012 9:22 AM (in response to subhani)

Hi,

How did you solve the problem? I have same problem. I have inserted some Turkish characters in policy settings.

Regards,

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 5 points
  • Helpful Answers - 3 points