0 Replies Latest reply on Feb 11, 2010 6:52 PM by Scotty_Donahti

McAfee Antivirus Update Icon

About a month ago after a new antivirus update installed I noticed thereafter it never showed up again, so I immediately uninstalled McAfee Internet Security. I used the McAfee MCPR.exe cleanup utility after uninstalling it in add/remove programs. Whereas, I installed a new security suite from Comodo.com the free version. Comodo free version firewall was rated number one in 2009 by CNET Reviews. McAfee rated like number nine on their list with it's paid version. Sad huh?

Anyways back to topic. I decided to come back to  McAfee yesterday to see if they have corrected their update antivirus icon feature. They have not resolved this issue yet.   I have used McAfee on and off for over five years now and they always have some major problems with their software. First it was their Lockdown Firewall which disabled System Guards Protection and months went by with this glitch with no fix whatsoever... and McAfee never once answered any of my emails concerning this. I could list many, many more problems.

At least Comodo Free Version Internet Security Staff answers all their user's questions promptly as if you had their paid version. McAfee has this attitude: take their money and give them lousy security software so we don't have to work so hard, but still we get rich off our customers.

I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHEN MCAFEE IS GOING TO FIRE THEIR CURRENT STAFF AND REPLACE THEM? AND TAKE ON A: NEW POLICY ATTITUDE: CUSTOMER RESPECT, CUSTOMER FIRST, COMPLETE SOFTWARE OVER-HAUL UPGRADE

***Note: I'm not at all trying to sell Comodo, but for security reasons, it's very sad to know that any companies free version internet security software out competes a paid version companies software.

*** Heres just one sad Antivirus Review for the year 2010 on McAfee Antivirus that I found:http://www.pcantivirusreviews.com/reviews/mcafee_antivirus_software.html

Message was edited by: Scotty_Donahti on 2/11/10 5:26:47 PM CST

Message was edited by: Scotty_Donahti on 2/11/10 5:27:41 PM CST

Message was edited by: Scotty_Donahti on 2/11/10 5:41:35 PM CST

Message was edited by: Scotty_Donahti on 2/11/10 6:12:07 PM CST

Message was edited by: Scotty_Donahti on 2/11/10 6:50:47 PM CST

Message was edited by: Scotty_Donahti on 2/11/10 6:52:49 PM CST