3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 30, 2012 11:15 PM by vrishchik

how to unblock a port in virusscan enterprise 8.7i

Hi,there~

One of our server will send a report by email everynight. But after I installed 8.7i on this server ,the port 25 was blocked. I got the message in the log "2/8/2010    2:13:02 AM    Blocked by port blocking rule     C:\WINDOWS\system32\abcdd.exe    Anti-virus Standard Protection:Prevent mass mailing worms from sending mail    192.168.50.5:25".

So I excluded this process in Anti-virus Standard Protection-> Prevent mass mailing worms from sending mail, and clicked "ok" and "apply", and log out of the server. The next day, I got the "Blcoked by port blocking rule" message again,  I check the Anti-virus Standard Protection-> Prevent mass mailing worms from sending mail, the process I had exclued was not there anymore.

I added the process in "processes to exclude" again, and logout. And I noticed that I couldn't find the process in the "processes to exclude" !

So I am wondering how to unblock a port, I couldn't save my settings after logout.

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance!!

• 1. Re: how to unblock a port in virusscan enterprise 8.7i

Hi

Is your computer managed by ePolicy Orchestrator by any chance?

Have you tried changing any other settings in that section (reporting on or off) and do these changes stick at all?

Regards

• 2. Re: how to unblock a port in virusscan enterprise 8.7i

Hi,

I'm having the same issue just like zhan. I'm using ePO 4.5. However the ePO is having issues of late (McAfee Support trying to resolve this). My project development team is chasing me on this issue as their server need to use port 25 for email usage. How can I permanently unblock port 25 at the client end.

• 3. Re: how to unblock a port in virusscan enterprise 8.7i
              vrishchik

Hello

If you have excluded the process in ePO server then the same should be refiected on the clients. If that's not happening then probably there should be Agent to server communication issue. So please test by enabling/disabling any feature for testing on this machine to see if the latest policy is applied to confirm that no issues with communication.

Which version is VSE running on client?

If you have recently installed VSE or upgraded to latest version then have you installed the extension for the same VSE version in ePO?

Are you modifying the same version of VSE policy in ePO?

Regards

San