3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 9, 2010 6:12 AM by serc09

how to update the agent

serc09

Hey.

On new systems there will be installed CMA 4.0.0.1494. But on some older systems there is still running CMA 4.0.0.1421.

I tried to redeploy the CMA with forcing it over existing agents, but the agent was "rejected".

Some ideas?

regards

serc09

• 1. Re: how to update the agent
          Attila Polinger

Hi,

Assuming the agent is pushed with a valid admin credentials on those old systems, I would check the framepkg_hostname.log on the client, check available disk space on %TEMP% drive /we ran into it several times/ check if %TEMP% points to a valid drive and path /we ran into it several times as well/.

I would prepare the next push by first deleting the framepkg_hostname.log (let us start anew) and reboot a client.

Tell us how you succeeded (or did not).

Attila

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: how to update the agent
            rackroyd

For machines which are already managed by the ePO server and just need upgrading to a later version a deployment task for the McAfee Agent should take care of it.

(Providing you have already checked the newer agent into the Master repository).

Otherwise, the MA 4.0 patch 3 readme file has a big section on how to install in various situations, and is well worth a look,

Hth,

Rob

• 3. Re: how to update the agent
              serc09

It seems to work all fine, just a proplem with the client i tested with - all others worked fine...

Will install the framepgk.exe manual.

THX

serc09