1 2 3 Previous Next 22 Replies Latest reply on Jun 1, 2010 1:30 PM by cdobol

McAfee Security 1.0 Macintosh Malware App

Hi All -

I am getting ready to go into production with this product and I was wondering if anyone else out there has done this?  If so, have any tips from your experience?  Deployment advice? Settings?

Thanks in advance!

• 1. Re: McAfee Security 1.0 Macintosh Malware App
          rcambrid

Hi Casey,

I've moved your post to the VirusScan Other area since there are Mac users here who may have some helpful advice for you.

It might also be useful to outline your setup as someone with the same environment might have some useful insights.

Thanks,

Rod.

on 10/02/10 14:28:39 GMT
          • 2. Re: McAfee Security 1.0 Macintosh Malware App

I am working on deployment right now and I am only having problems with setting wildcards in the scanning exceptions list on the ePO.

• 3. Re: McAfee Security 1.0 Macintosh Malware App
              rcambrid

Have you raised these issues with Tech Support? Can you let me know the details and steps to reproduce as this sounds like something we need to document in the KnowledgeBase.

Thanks!

Rod.

• 4. Re: McAfee Security 1.0 Macintosh Malware App
                jmcleish

No special settings for deployment. I've noticed that our Macs appear in lost and found first (agent is installed manually) before getting sorted to my Mac directory, so i added a task to deploy it there as well.

For support of 10.6 OSX you will need agent 4.5.0.1270 and McAfee Security for Mac 1.0 build 676

I had to exclude virtual machines on one Mac in a users profile - and this is what i got back from support:

If you exclude - /Users/userid/Documents/Virtual Machines.localized, all files and subdirectories in this directory will be excluded

This seems to have worked, so i'm not sure if the * works the same for Macs.

Jane

• 5. Re: McAfee Security 1.0 Macintosh Malware App

Jane,

So you added the following line in your ePO assigned policies for Mac 9.0.0:Anti-malware?

/Users/userid/Documents/Virtual Machines.localized

I was sent KB54812 for wildcards In McAfee. The problem is this article is for windows based systems not MACs. I need to figure out how to exclude the folder  /Documents/Virtual Machines/ from the ePO. I can easily set this manually on the clients MAC however the ePO is controlling this policy so anything I do on the client o=is overwritten by the ePO.

Todd

• 6. Re: McAfee Security 1.0 Macintosh Malware App

So you added /Users/userid/Documents/Virtual Machines.localized within the Assigned Policies for the 9.0.0.0 Anit-Malware on the ePO? How do you get around everyones unique userid?

I was sent KB54812 which is how to use wildcards but it is only for a PC based system. I am looking for how to exclude the following folder on everyones MAC.

/Documents/Virtual Machines/

I need to exclusion to start after the /Users/userid/.

Any help would be appreciated.

Todd

• 7. Re: McAfee Security 1.0 Macintosh Malware App
                      jmcleish

Todd,

Yes I added that into epo,

However, it was for one user- so the userid was their userid. /Users/userid/Documents/Virtual Machines.localized (I also added in that setting

Not sure what you'd have to do if you wanted to do it for all. Probably need  to contact support to ask.

I'd be interested to know- esp since I've still got about a 100 Macs to put on the new server and there must be more than one using VMs.

Guess I should have asked that at the time, but there should be a KB article about it I would have thought.

Jane

• 8. Re: McAfee Security 1.0 Macintosh Malware App

Jane,

It looks like I have only been replying to you rather than the original post for everyone to see. If you have received a few of these from me sorry about that. I was always trying to reply to the original post.

Todd

• 9. Re: McAfee Security 1.0 Macintosh Malware App

I was sent KB54812 from McAfee Support. This article is how to use wildcards for PC based systems not MACs. I am looking for how to exclude /Documents/Virtual Machines/ folder from the ePO.

The problem is that this folder is after /Users/userid/ and each user has a unique name so each use has a unique path.

Todd

1 2 3 Previous Next