5 Replies Latest reply on Feb 7, 2010 2:05 PM by Peter M

I can't open links!

Hi can anyone help me,I'm not very good with computers. Downloaded my McAfee a couple of weeks ago and since then I am unable to click on my links in my emails they simply do nothing unless I press Ctrl at the same time and then they open a new tab.Is there something I need to alter, to go back to it opening up straight away by opening a new window like it did before? To be honest I can live with this, but my really problem is that I am simply unable to add any photos to ebay when trying to sell something.I seem to have tried everything I can think of but nothing happens,again is there something in my settings that I have it alter? Any ideas would be very greatfully recieved, I am keeping my fingers crossed that somebody out there can help me. Many many thanks Stepwood

• 1. Re: I can't open links!
          Peter M

To help you with that question we need to know your operating system and service pack, what browser and version you are using and what email client and version you use.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: I can't open links!

Thank you, my system is windows xp,and my service provider is orange and my email is orange.is this enough infomation?

• 3. Re: I can't open links!
              Peter M

I hope that is XP SP3 or else your system is insecure.  What browser (Internet Explorer 6, 7 or 8 or Firefox?) and version and what email client (Outlook, Outlook Express etc) and version?  That info is available by opening those applications and going to Help/About and whether or not you have SP3 can usually be determined by right-clicking My Computer and selecting Properties and reading it from that.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 07/02/10 9:07:05 EST AM
              • 4. Re: I can't open links!

Hi there,Thank you for getting back to me,yes my computer is xp service pack 3 version 2002 ,my browser is internet explorer 8 version ( I think this is right) 20090308.140743 and my e mail should be outlook express 6 but I never use it as it has never been set up right.So i always use orange web mail microsoft provided by orange uk.Is this any help to you? many thanks Stepwood

• 5. Re: I can't open links!
                  Peter M

This is strange and would appear to me to be more of a browser issue than anything else.

Try going to Internet Explorer Tools/Internet Options/Advanced and click the Reset button, Apply and OK it.

Close and reopen IE and go to Tools/Manage Add-ons and re-enable add-ons one by one checking each time of these mail hyperlinks work.