5 Replies Latest reply on Feb 3, 2010 4:04 PM by Bellomo

How to deploy HF517265 to solve problem crashing shstat.exe while logging in/out

Hi Folks,

I just read that HF517265 solves the problem with the window popping up at logon which says: dwwin.exe could not be initialized bla bla.

I downloaded the Hotfix and checked it in my master repository in ePO 4.5

But how can i deploy it?

I tried to configure a clienttask saying "Product deployment" and "update" but I cant choose the Hotfix in the Master Repository but only the installation package of 8.7i.

Can somebody tell how to do that?

My ePO is German so Im not sure if "Product deployment" and "update" are the right

words but I hope you know what I mean!

Thanks!

Giusppe

• 1. Re: How to deploy HF517265 to solve problem crashing shstat.exe while logging in/out

Hi again,

does nobody know how to deploy a Hotfix?

Greetings

Giuseppe

• 2. Re: How to deploy HF517265 to solve problem crashing shstat.exe while logging in/out

Bellomo,

I know when I checked Patch 2 for VSE 8.7 all my clients received the update because they had a scheduled task to check for DAT, Engine, and Software updates every day at 5:00 p.m.  I would check one of your clients VSE AutoUpdate task and see what it is configured to do. If it configured to receive software updates then I would assume that when its time for the Autoupdate taskt to run it should update the clients.  I am including a screenshot to show you where I am talking about.  Hope that helps.

• 3. Re: How to deploy HF517265 to solve problem crashing shstat.exe while logging in/out

Hi kire,

thanks for your answer.

I did check that and the checkboxes are the same as yours.

So Servicepacks/Upgrades should be updateed/installed.

But Im not sure if they are really, because I cant see anywhere the hotfixes installed.

Thats why im not sure if it is installed.

Does somebody know where I can check that?

Best way for me to see all my managed Computers would be in ePO.

But I didnt find it...

Greetings

Giuseppe

Nachricht geändert durch Bellomo on 03.02.10 15:06:08 CST
              • 4. Re: How to deploy HF517265 to solve problem crashing shstat.exe while logging in/out

Bellomo,

Warning this may not be the best approach. 

Well I dont want to lead you in the wrong direction, but I wonder if running a custom query would be the best approach here.  Hopefully someone that is better at queries could guide you better, but this is what I would do.  I would go to the Queries section of the EPO console and search for the "EPO: Compliance Summary" query.  I would create a duplicate so you will not disturb the original.  I would edit the duplicated query and click the "Configure Criteria" button.  Once there you will find some predefined fields.  You can either remove all those predefined fields or leave them.  If it were me I would leave them, but its up to you.  I would then scroll down on the left side of the screen and find the "VirusScan Enterprise Properties" heading.  In there you will see a field labeled "Hotfix\Patch Version (Virus Scan Enterprise)".  I would click the arrow and add it to the right hand side and then set the variables accordingly.  Unfortunately I am not sure what criteria you would need to match for the specfic Hotfix you applied.  I would then run the query and see what you get.  Again hope that helps.  Maybe someone else will chime in with a better answer, but that would be how I would approach the situation.

• 5. Re: How to deploy HF517265 to solve problem crashing shstat.exe while logging in/out

Hi again,

I cant find any predifined queuery called "EPO: Compliance Summary".

I used the search function but there is nothing calles like this.

There is no queuery beginning with EPO:

So Im not sure what to do...I tried to find one which sounds like  "EPO: Compliance Summary" but didnt find anything...

...im a bit of hope!