3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 2, 2010 9:51 AM by Dinz

Untrusted Connection etc.

Recently I have had issues with certain sites that I have to login into, for example Facebook, Myspace and even Google Mail. Once logging in, the page with then say that it's an Untrusted Connection. Now this is with three different browsers including IE, Firefox as well as Chrome. I have provided a screen shot for referrence from Firefox. Now, I'm not usre if this is in fact a trojan/worm of virus in my PC. All virus scanning has not indicated any problems there. Though I noticed that my McAfee Security Centre stopped running along with several other program updaters. This when this problem started.. Anyhow would be greatly appriecated and thanks! Steve

• 1. Re: Untrusted Connection etc.
          Dinz

Hi,

This is common for intranet websites that aren't available publicly.The safest thing to do is to click Get me out of here!, or to go to a different website. Unless you know and understand the technical reason why the website presented incorrect identification, and are willing to risk communicating over a connection that could be vulnerable to an eavesdropper, you should not proceed to the website.

As the first step I would ask you to check your computer's date & time ; as this error can occur if your computer clock has the wrong date. By the time I shall make some research on this to provide you more information.

Thanks,

Dinesh K

• 2. Re: Untrusted Connection etc.

Yes, the clock was set for Jan 2007.

• 3. Re: Untrusted Connection etc.
              Dinz

Make a double click on the system clock and set the clock to the right time.

Close and then try to use the browsers.

Thanks,

Dinesh K