I've not done it, but after poring over the manuals for my own problem - I think you can do it as long as you keep a backup of rhe server/client keystore. Have a read of..
"Backup the Key-Store Pairs:NOTE: This backs up the repository and agent communication keys. These are stored in the following folder by default: ...\Program Files\McAfee\ePolicy Orchestrator\DB\Keystore\
- Log on to the ePO console with an Admin account.
- Click the Configuration, Server Settings tabs.
- In the left pane, select the Security Keys.
- In the right pane, click Edit.
- In the Import and back up keys section, click Back UP All, then click Save.(Specified file = keystore.zip).
- Click Save to close the Edit Security Keys window."
Ya but that does not bringin all the extentions etc etc that is there in the old epo server.. It jst takes care of the security keys.