4 Replies Latest reply on May 11, 2010 6:43 AM by SamSwift

Antivirus 2010

We are running Windows XP sp2/sp3 ePO 4.5, VirusScan 8.5, Antispyware 8.5 with ePO agent 4.0.  We are having a heck of a time with Antivirus 2010.  Does anyone have any tips on what to do to keep this from getting on our machines?  We have about 50 machiens company wide with this infection, and short of just cutting internet access off to the users responcible, are there any settings we can in VS that would block the installation of this, with out hindering the ability of the users to do their job.

• 1. Re: Antivirus 2010
          Peter M

I see noone has answered you.  I normally only help out in the consumer products.  The epitomal removal guide on the web for this is here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-removal/remove-antivirus-2010

Scroll down the page as the first links are all ads.  Hope this works for you in a business environment.   Other than that I can only suggest the support pages.

• 2. Re: Antivirus 2010
            SamSwift

Hi,

As a corporate customer you have access to Gold Support included in the cost of your license for the first year, and then it's a renewable cost after that. Providing you have a valid support grant number I would strongly recommend you contact our support team by telephone for further information on how best to configure Access Protection to proactively prevent these types of threats.

All the phone numbers for support can be found in the Gold Support Handbook

Kind regards,

Sam

• 3. Re: Antivirus 2010

Hello,

just my few cents on that:

- configure 'Access Protection' in VSE (as mentioned before)

- dont surf as admin!!

- try to configure 'software restrictions'  in your windows domain (i'm assuming ur running a windows domain)

- try to set up a www proxy (so you can block the download of any executable if necessary without cutting down 'normal' browsing - a proxy with virus scanner would be a good idea too)

- never disable browser features as 'SmartScreen Filter' or SafeBrowsing

• 4. Re: Antivirus 2010
                SamSwift

Marking as 'assumed answered' due to age of thread. If you need any further assistance please don't hesitate to let us know.