3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 29, 2010 4:34 PM by BigJ

new DAT file?

I have yet to have a new DAT file download and install on my computer today, Friday Jan 29th.

When I run an update check it tells me that my programs are up to date.

the latest DAT on my computer is 5875 installed Thursday afternoon.

Is this a problem I should be worried about?  Or has McAfee simply not put a new DAT out on the servers.

I am on the east coast of the USA.  It seems that the DAT is put out at different times each day.

Have others not yet had a new DAT install today either?

• 1. Re: new DAT file?

DAT5876 just installed on my computer.

I find it annoying that the updates are put out at different times every day.

It would be easier if they were put out on the servers at a consistant time each day.

But I am grateful that the updates are occuring each day.

• 2. Re: new DAT file?
            MaineNightOwl

good afternoon from captain Ralph in portland,maine on cascobay. its friday afternoon/ early evening jan 29,2010. my mcafee security center just updated virus definitons and dat. says: last update 1/29/2010 dat version 5876.000 dat creation date 1/29/2010 , engine version 5301.4018 . i'm assuming this is a correct update or is mcafee having issues with the dats again ? could someone please reply back to captain Ralph at your convienence and let me know one way or the other. it would be greatly appreciated. i hope you're all having a good evening tonite.

take care,

Captain Ralph

• 3. Re: new DAT file?

MaineNightOwl wrote:

good afternoon from captain Ralph in portland,maine on cascobay. its friday afternoon/ early evening jan 29,2010. my mcafee security center just updated virus definitons and dat. says: last update 1/29/2010 dat version 5876.000 dat creation date 1/29/2010 , engine version 5301.4018 . i'm assuming this is a correct update or is mcafee having issues with the dats again ? could someone please reply back to captain Ralph at your convienence and let me know one way or the other. it would be greatly appreciated. i hope you're all having a good evening tonite.

take care,

Captain Ralph

Yes Captain Ralph dat 5876 is the latest dat update for 1-29-10.

Jerry

Message was edited by: BigJ on 1/29/10 4:34:28 PM CST