Skip navigation
McAfee Secure sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
4148 Views 5 Replies Latest reply: Jan 27, 2010 6:00 AM by Ex_Brit RSS
MoxieMomma Apprentice 208 posts since
Jan 8, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

Jan 26, 2010 6:56 PM

When do new software versions roll out for OEM consumers?

Hi, all:

I noticed that some folks are receiving the new GUI (with new software version, too?) with their routine updates these days.

And others have specifically gone out to the Australian servers for the 2010 package.

My system runs an OEM package from Dell purchased 12/2009, rather than a "boxed"/standalone suite.

Currently running:

SC 9.15.160

VS 13.15.113

PF/AS/PC 10.15.106

Since my subscription is renewed through 04/2011, I assume I will be offered package updates to the new versions at some point?

Will it come in as a routine update (perhaps requiring at least a reboot to fully install), or will it require a formal uninstall old/clean/reinstall new?

Thanks!

MM

Dell XPS 8100, Intel Core i7-860 @ 2.8  GHz; 8 GB RAM; Win 7 Ultimate (x64); KIS 2011; MBAM Pro; IE8 (patched); FF 3.6.10; TB 3.1.4; Cable HSI (Road Runner)  w/router.
  • Ex_Brit Volunteer Moderator 59,571 posts since
    May 6, 2004

There's no knowing when Dell will release their 2010 version as this is entirely up to them.  In the past they haven't been too far behind the direct customers.   It is starting to be released, albeit slowly, later this week.

https://community.mcafee.com/servlet/JiveServlet/downloadImage/2-143933-5189/78-49/Peter.gif
    Toronto • Canada
    Volunteer Moderator
    I can't help you privately - please post in the Forums
    Use Advanced Forum Search To Find Answers
    Beta Test McAfee Products For PC & MAC
    How To Fix File Associations in Windows
    XP & Office 2003 End-Of-Life - 08 April, 2014
    Anti-Spyware/Malware & Hijacker Tools
    May 6, 2004

The new GUI comes with the new product - it's totally different from the old one.

Yes, if you get your protection from your ISP or computer maker such as Comcast, Dell, AOL etc. etc. it's their decision when to release it as they often repackage it.

https://community.mcafee.com/servlet/JiveServlet/downloadImage/2-143933-5189/78-49/Peter.gif
    Toronto • Canada
    Volunteer Moderator
    May 6, 2004

You wont get any satisfaction from Dell (or any ISP/OEM provider for that matter) - this has been hashed out in the forums over the years and the answer is always the same.   They says it's up to McAfee   They will get the new version along with everyone else and it will happen when it happens, then they re-label it as Dell/McAfee or whatever, which often seems to take an inordinately long time, and sometimes bits and pieces are removed, but not always.  We can't say when all this will happen as we simply do not know.

Your subscription that you just paid for is what matters....anyone with a valid subscription will get the upgrade,.... when it happens.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 27/01/10 7:01:50 EST AM

Toronto • Canada
    Volunteer Moderator

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend