Skip navigation
McAfee Secure sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
5337 Views 16 Replies Latest reply: Feb 2, 2010 4:39 PM by nchattop RSS 1 2 Previous Next
newjack Veteran 1,172 posts since
Dec 5, 2009
Currently Being Moderated

Jan 26, 2010 3:36 PM

Still need help with Artemis trojon

I posted a question a few days back about artemis trojon.Originally i thought it was repaired (removed) which is what it said in the recent events log under computer & files (detection) today i noticed it is quarantined under the restore tab.The only option is to send to Mcafee which you Cant because file is to large.Can anyone tell me how to take care of this?

• SamSwift Group Leader 651 posts since
    Nov 9, 2009
    1. Jan 27, 2010 7:49 AM (in response to newjack)
    Re: Still need help with Artemis trojon

How big is the file if you zip it up?

Also, what's the full detection name you are seeing?

Kind regards,

Sam

• McAfee SME 212 posts since
    Nov 3, 2009
    3. Jan 28, 2010 12:12 PM (in response to newjack)

Hi,

I further checked the detection [Artemis!3C37C0188A11(Trojan)] and found its a Combofix download program file (combofixdownload.com )

This site is also rated and found to be malicious, you can get more info here: http://www.siteadvisor.com/sites/combofixdownload.com

[McAfee TrustedSource web reputation analysis found potential security risks with this site. Use with extreme caution.]

If you still want us to suppress Artemis, let us know I will further check with our Senior Virus Researchers.

Regards

Nov 3, 2009
    5. Jan 29, 2010 3:44 PM (in response to newjack)

Hi Jack,

I will get back to you with the response once I receive from our Senior Researchers.

Regards

Nov 3, 2009
    7. Feb 1, 2010 9:49 AM (in response to newjack)

Hi Jack,

McAfee(R) Artemis technology provides real-time protection that secures enterprises and consumers from threats as they strike and much quicker than traditional signatures can be deployed.

Simply wait approximately 30 minutes and this false will no longer exist or trigger on your system. Depending on the network settings you have or the caching involved between your system and ours it may take slightly longer for this false alarm to be resolved.

We have suppressed Artemis false, please check and let me know if any issue persists.

Regards

Nov 3, 2009
    9. Feb 1, 2010 4:06 PM (in response to newjack)

Please attach the log file

Thanks

1 2 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 5 points
  • Helpful Answers - 3 points