3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 29, 2010 3:56 AM by mrbill7373

Can't download YouTube Videos after McAfee subscription renewal & upgrade

A few days ago I upgraded and renewed my McAfee subscription, and now I can't download any YouTube videos.  I'm darn near sure this new problem has something to do with McAfee.  When the YouTube box begins to pop up so I can name the file, the whole thing immediately disappears.  Everything worked just fine until this recent McAfee install.  I have the latest Adobe, etc.  Any ideas?  Thanks! 

• 1. Re: Can't download YouTube Videos after McAfee subscription renewal & upgrade
          Dinz

Hi,

Could you please provide some information like;

What is the version of your internet explorer ? (open IE - click help - about Internet explorer)

How old is the computer ?

Any recent changes made to the computer ?

Thanks,

Dinesh K

• 2. Re: Can't download YouTube Videos after McAfee subscription renewal & upgrade

Thanks for the reply, Dinesh.  I'm using IE8.  The computer is an older, refurbished Dell GX280, but I've been

downloading YouTube videos with this machine for roughly the last three months.  The only recent change

has been the renewal of my McAfee subscription and the downloading of the latest McAfee software.  I

copy/paste the URL of the video I want to copy into the YouTube Downloader field and click OK.  There's

normally a pause, then a box pops up entitled 'File Download.  Immediately after seeing that box,

everything disappears.  Normally, after seeing the 'File Download' box, I'd get another box popping up which

would allow me to name the file and select the folder to which the file should download.  But, like I said,

immediately after seeing the 'File Download' box, everything vanishes.  I get the impression that maybe

there's a pop-up blocker of some sort that is inhibiting my progress.  Are there any settings I can check?

Thanks for your help!   :-)

• 3. Re: Can't download YouTube Videos after McAfee subscription renewal & upgrade

I found my problem.  There was no program associated with the file type with which to open it.  All is well now.  Thanks for the help!