2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 25, 2010 4:42 AM by Peacekeeper

McAfee Total Protection 2010 Automatic Updates

I just installed 2010 version and am wondering how the last update and next update works. I manually updated at 5:00pm then it said last update was 5:00pm then next update said 904pm. Then when 9:04pm came it says last update was 5:00pm. It then schedules next update  5 or 10 minutes ahead. Does this go on untill there is actually an update then stamp that time on last update? Then if there is an update add a few minutes from last update? This is confusing me as before in other versions it would check automatically then add 4 hours or so for next update. Help file says nothing about the interval for time scheduing.

Jerry

ps my internet connection is always on when computer is on so hope someone knows how this works. Thanks

• 1. Re: McAfee Total Protection 2010 Automatic Updates

BigJ wrote:

I just installed 2010 version and am wondering how the last update and next update works. I manually updated at 5:00pm then it said last update was 5:00pm then next update said 904pm. Then when 9:04pm came it says last update was 5:00pm. It then schedules next update  5 or 10 minutes ahead. Does this go on untill there is actually an update then stamp that time on last update? Then if there is an update add a few minutes from last update? This is confusing me as before in other versions it would check automatically then add 4 hours or so for next update. Help file says nothing about the interval for time scheduing.

Jerry

ps my internet connection is always on when computer is on so hope someone knows how this works. Thanks

I see now that when automatic updates checks for updates it does a few times for a hour or so then waits for 4 hours or so. But with automatic updates the last update time doesn/t seem to change until there is a update downloaded and installed like dat files.

Jerry

• 2. Re: McAfee Total Protection 2010 Automatic Updates
            Peacekeeper

Can you add pics to explain and I will add this as a bug to the beta version so it will pass onto the retail version in a month or 2.

Ok do you mean it says last update say 4.32PM next update 8.36PM? I wonder why not a fixed +4hrs. Anyway you also I think mean that once 8.36PM comes and goes the time does not change till a new update comes. Is this what you mean?

I notice the next update resets every time you open and close the GUI so that when next update is 4hrs ahead of the last update it updates (if available) In my case now 4hrs 2 mins ahead.

All this minor issues really

Message was edited by: Peacekeeper on 25/01/10 8:34:29 PM

Message was edited by: Peacekeeper on 25/01/10 8:42:48 PM