1 2 Previous Next 10 Replies Latest reply on Apr 21, 2010 10:05 PM by marge874

McAfee Protection Settings Keep Changing...

RAWB

Hello, I have had McAfee Total Protection for about 2 years now and I have had the settings change where it tells me I am "not protected". Then I have to open McAfee and press the little fix button to change it all back. It used to be once a month. Well now it's every couple of hours. I have updated and done everything.

Anybody know why this is happening? How can I stop it?

• 1. Re: McAfee Protection Settings Keep Changing...
          CopyRon

Does it say what needs fixing?

• 2. Re: McAfee Protection Settings Keep Changing...
            Dinz

Hi Rawb,

Can you please specify the error message that you get underneath the fix button ?

Along that please provide the following information like;

What is the operating system you use ? (xp/vista)

What type of internet connection ? (dsl/wireless)

Do we have any other antivirus software installed in the computer ?

Regards,

Dinesh K

on 1/22/10 7:08:47 AM GMT-06:00
            • 3. Re: McAfee Protection Settings Keep Changing...
              Kerosene24

Same here

When I turn pc on.  Mcafee is fine for awhile then it pop up, said that it is not full protection.  So I click and it got fixed.  And later on,  it pop up again but black cover the logo and sometimes it fixed correct and sometimes it show the error, not detail the error but only said cannot be fixed.

I am using XP computer.  Any information would be helpful and appreciate it.

Been with McAfee for about 10 years and it never happen till very recent.

• 4. Re: McAfee Protection Settings Keep Changing...
                Dinz

Hi,

May I know did you make any recent changes for the computer like a system restore ?

And please provide me the error underneath the Fix button so that we could proceed further.

If you have'nt ran the virtual technician, please run the same from http://mvt.mcafee.com and post me your session id.

Regards,

Dinesh K

• 5. Re: McAfee Protection Settings Keep Changing...

I have the same problem. I run Vista OS. When the box comes up about my protection, I bring up the McAfee Security Center and watch. After about 15 seconds, it says that I'm protected without pushing the fix button. I have already run the McAfee Virtual Technican a month ago. No problem found, no change. Today is 2/7/10, last scan was 2/5/10 and updates are current. When it loses protection, I'll lose program response with IE8. I don't have a secure feeling with McAfee protection cutting out all the time.

• 6. Re: McAfee Protection Settings Keep Changing...
                    Dinz

Hi ricksza,

Can you please provide me the error message that is displayed underneath the fix button so that we could diagnose the issue and proceed further.

Also can you post me with a screen shot of your security center and the session id of your virtual technician

Thanks,

Dinesh K

• 7. Re: McAfee Protection Settings Keep Changing...

I never noticed any error message, just a notification "Your computer is not protected". After waiting a few seconds, I'm protected again. I took it on my own to totally delete and do a clean install. So far, so good. It's been two days without any problems. did a complete scan, no problems found. If it shows up again, I'll get screen shots.

Thanks, Rick

• 8. Re: McAfee Protection Settings Keep Changing...

I'm having the same problems. No error message--just a sudden "Your computer is not protected." When I try running a full scan to see what's going on, my computer freezes up. I have the program on another computer and am not having any problem there.

• 9. Re: McAfee Protection Settings Keep Changing...
                          Dinz

Hi chuck99er,

Can you please provide some more additonal information like;

What is the operating system ?

What type of internet connection you use ? (dsl/cable)

Try to capture the error message under the fix button the next time you receive the error message.

Please run mcafee virtual technician from http://mvt.mcafee.com and post me your session id .

Thanks,

Dinesh K

1 2 Previous Next