1 2 Previous Next 12 Replies Latest reply on Jan 25, 2010 11:32 AM by x-imikhlin

Win32/SuperBot.Worm

Mcafee Claims This is a worm which infact it is not because i have been using this program for years and have never had malicious stuff happen to my test computer. I have tried to explain this to them but they consider me to be an idiot and not know what i am talking about. This is Not a Virus/Worm because the only reason they think it is because back in the day we used it as a RootKit to put on peoples computers and it hid itself in Win32 System Folder so that way it would run in the background so no one would shut it off

Message was edited by: Brian Mann on 1/21/10 3:09:01 PM PST
        • 1. Re: Win32/SuperBot.Worm

When i try to submit it to mcafee they still dont believe me that it isnt a worm. As a programmer if they obviously looked into the code of this program they will not see any harmfull stuff in this program. Is there anyway that one of the "admins" can have them look at this file because if they actually do it will show that they are wrong by claiming this as a Worm

Message was edited by: WheatThins on 1/21/10 2:52:29 PM GMT-06:00
          • 2. Re: Win32/SuperBot.Worm
            exbrit

Email file to: virus_research@avertlabs.com with the header "False" (minus the "")

When submitting samples via E-mail all samples must be packaged in a .ZIP file. When creating this .ZIP file, it is important to understand that the .ZIP can be no more than 3 megabytes in size and can contain no more than 30 files.

Additionally, any .ZIP file created must be password-protected using the password "infected" (minus the ""). Failure to follow these guidelines will cause your submission to be rejected.

There will be an auto-response, followed by a manual one.  If it is negative reply immediately refuting their claim.  They will then test it further.

• 3. Re: Win32/SuperBot.Worm

Hey thanks for the reply but no email system will let me attach this file because of the "so called Virus" so i emailed them a link that i uploaded it to a site so i hope they will accept this

I was wondering since i cant send this in as a .rar file could you maybe send it in to them Ex_Brit ?

Message was edited by: WheatThins on 1/21/10 4:50:41 PM GMT-06:00

Message was edited by: WheatThins on 1/21/10 4:51:01 PM GMT-06:00
              • 4. Re: Win32/SuperBot.Worm

Hey They tested the Program but they didnt even test the exe here is the proof. Why wouldnt they test the exe?

McAfee Labs Sample Analysis
                Issue Number: 5753559
                Virus Research Analyst: Arun Sabapathy
                Identified: No Virus/Trojan

McAfee Labs, McAfee Labs, Bangalore, India

Thank you for submitting your suspicious file.

Synopsis -

File Name - readme.txt,database.txt,config.ini

We have examined the file and didn't see anything suspicious.
                As an additional test, we tried to run it on a test system and observed no suspicious behaviour.

If you still believe this is a virus or trojan file, please provide more information on why you feel this is a suspect file.

If you have a system where you can do a test scan, you may first wish to try our beta DATs to get the latest detection available. 
                Beta DAT files are available at: http://vil.nai.com/vil/averttools.aspx.

In order to get the fastest possible response, you can submit future virus-samples to <http://www.webimmune.net>. In most cases it can respond almost instantly with a solution.

• 5. Re: Win32/SuperBot.Worm
                  exbrit

You have to send it as a .zip file not a .rar file and it must be password protected as I stated.   It also could be renamed if necessary to allow the transmission by email.

I don't see why any email programme should balk at a zipped file.

• 6. Re: Win32/SuperBot.Worm

Im sorry i did send it as a .zip file and passworded it just no email will let me send it so idk

• 7. Re: Win32/SuperBot.Worm
                      exbrit

You zip must have missed something out...you would have to disable McAfee for starters in order to send it in the first place, and to keep the zip intact.   Did you disable VirusScan and then restore the file first?

When you say "no email program" which email programs?  I've never had any problem emailing zipped files, except with gmail which doesn't allow them in the first place.

• 8. Re: Win32/SuperBot.Worm

Yeah i turned off my AV and i use Yahoo to send it

This is what i get

SB.exe.ZIP (24KB) Virus threat detected. The virus could not be cleaned. Please run the virus scan on your machine. When i try to send the file threw yahoo Mail

Message was edited by: WheatThins on 1/21/10 5:52:59 PM GMT-06:00
                        • 9. Re: Win32/SuperBot.Worm
                          exbrit

Well don't send it through Yahoo mail.   Doesn't your ISP provide you something direct so you can use Windows Mail/Outlook or whatever and another email carrier?

You could submit it online here:  http://www.webimmune.net/

1 2 Previous Next