1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 21, 2010 1:17 PM by GWIRT

Notification E-mail; Body Text Uncooperative

Greetings all,

I hope this post finds you in good health and better spirits.

This may be just a minor thing, but I've worked on this for a while now and I'm just at the point where I'd like an answer.  All my notifications rules work, all the fields are happy, and the e-mails are sent out just fine.  Here's my problem:  When entering a notification e-mail, there are times that the ENTER at the end of a line will not be there when the notification is sent.  Here is an example.  This is what I type and configure into ePO for one of our notification rules:

Greetings,

This is an automated message from the ePolicy Orchestrator Management system.  To view further information regarding this notification, please login to the ePO Console.  If you do not have a ePolicy Orchestrator login, or you believe you've received this notification in error, please contact the Advanced Client Technologies department.

The following systems have reached the threshold of 200 reported malware related events within 30 minutes:

Threat Details:

Name:  {ReceivedThreatNames}
      First Record:  {FirstEventTime}

System Details:

Number of Computers:  {ReceivedNumComputers}
      Number of Events:  {ReceivedNumEvents}
      Computer Names:  {AffectedComputerNames}
      IP Addresses:  {AffectedComputerIPs}

Affected Objects:  {AffectedObjects}

Sincerely,

ePolicy Orchestrator Administrator
      EIT - Advanced Client Technologies
      Manager:  XXXXXXXXX; Phone:  XXXXXXXXXXX
      Lead ePO Adminstrator:  XXXXXXXXXXX; Phone:  XXXXXXXXXXX

What I receive when the notification is sent is the following:

Greetings,

This is an automated message from the ePolicy Orchestrator Management system.  To view further information regarding this notification, please login to the ePO Console.  If you do not have a ePolicy Orchestrator login, or you believe you've received this notification in error, please contact the Advanced Client Technologies department.

The following systems have reached the threshold of 200 reported malware related events within 30 minutes:

Threat Details:

Name:  test-ReceivedThreatNames-test

First Record:  1/21/10 10:30:29 AM

System Details:

Number of Computers:  0

Number of Events:  0

Computer Names:  test-AffectedComputerNames-test IP Addresses:  test-AffectedComputerIPs-test

Affected Objects:  test-AffectedObjects-test

Sincerely,

ePolicy Orchestrator Administrator

EIT - Advanced Client Technologies

Manager:  XXXXXXXXXX; Phone:  XXXXXXXXXXX Lead ePO Administrator:  XXXXXXXXXX; Phone:  XXXXXXXXXXXX

As you can see on the line with "Computer Names" and the last line with "Manager" is missing the hard return at the end.  If I add an additional ENTER in the affected lines, then they're double-spaced.

I'm just wondering if this is something other people have experienced or that I just have a glitch somewhere.   I've checked the KB and couldn't locate anything.  I'd appreciate to know if anyone else has ran into this and if there's a fix.

Thanks,

Arch

• 1. Re: Notification E-mail; Body Text Uncooperative
          GWIRT

The only thing I can think of is that these lines are actually missing a CR/LF. Double check to see this is not being viewed as a line wrap.

One thing you can try is copying this into notepad and verifying that the CR/LF's stay in tact. If not, add them in notepad and copy it back.

The other possibility is that the mail server you are using may be misinterpreting or truncating the CR/LF's.

Hope that helps.