7 Replies Latest reply on Jan 25, 2010 2:48 AM by kevinf

Dlp issue's

Hi All,

We have an issue at work and this started happening when dlp was enabled on our network.

1) once dlp is enabled it cause applications (outlook ) to hang ,

2) from a user point of view when attempting to type an email there is a huge delay compiling the email.

3) from a user  point of view when attempting to send the compiled email it eventually freezes before it is send and it hangs for +- 5 to 10 minutes.

4) from a user point of view when recieving attached files some recieve an email stating that the Exceeded allowable limit has been reached.

We have installed all the latest security patches on the server. Our Epo server has recently been update to epo 4.5 and it has the dlp feature available. Is there any program that can be created to find what is causing this issue on our end? I recall a program created in the past to find what issue's  where that was blocking agent 4.5 from working properly. Thus i have asked if it is possible to create something like it to find what is cause issue's. Is there anyone out there that is experiencing the same issue in there company?

Regards

Kevin

• 1. Re: Dlp issue's
          jstanley

This issue was addressed in a previous thread. Please take a look:

http://community.mcafee.com/message/109764#109764

• 2. Re: Dlp issue's

I agree with Jeremy, I just haved the same issue, McAfee says patch will be ready for to public in march or april, if you want it I can pass it to you, but if you prefer a more confident source contact McAfee.

Its not ready for the public but you can test it first, and then deploy it.

• 3. Re: Dlp issue's
              jstanley

We would prefer you call in and open a case with us to get the hotfix (HF) while it is in a managed release. This way if the HF itself creates a problem we can get that feedback from you immediately and provide it to our development group. This is the purpose of a managed release.

Also if you are not using and do not plan to use any email protection rules I would just disable the Outlook handler (instructions on this are provided in the thread I linked you to above) and wait for the patch to be publicly released. Finally even if you are planing on using email protection rules I'd advised you disable the Outlook handler on an affected machine as a test to confirm it resolves the problem. If you disable the DLP Outlook handler, reboot, and you still have a latency problem with Outlook then DLP 3.0 HF20 will most likely not do you any good because the fix for that issue in the HF essentially updates the DLP Outlook handler.

• 4. Re: Dlp issue's

Hi,

Where can i find this hotfix?

Regards

kevin

• 5. Re: Dlp issue's
                  smalldog

Jeremy Stanley said: "This fix will be included in DLP 3.0 patch 1 which should be released to service (RTS) at the end of Q1 2010. Typically once the full patch (not a HF) goes RTS it will go RTW about a month later (barring any major issues found with the patch while it is RTS)". So you shouldd wait for DLP 3.0 Patch 1

• 6. Re: Dlp issue's
                    jstanley

smalldog is correct you can wait for the DLP 3.0 patch 1 which will include HF20 as well as some other fixes. A patch is simply a collection of hotfixes.

At this time DLP 3.0 HF20 has been released to service (RTS) meaning if you have an issue resolved by the HF and cannot wait for the fix to be released to web (RTW) you can call into support to obtain the HF. I would encourage you to go through the troubleshooting steps I outlined to confirm the HF will do you any good before you contact support. Alternatively you can contact support and have us go through those troubleshooting steps with you. As any patch/HF that is in a managed released cycle (RTS) has not completed our entire QC cycle we need to qualify that the issue you are experiencing will be addressed by the HF before providing it to you and those troubleshooting steps (disabling the Outlook handler, reboot, see if the issue goes away) will do this.

• 7. Re: Dlp issue's

Update to post : please note i made a mistake in Epo version we have, im not sure im this might change what has been said in this post.  Also find in bold more/new information i have not included.

Server information : Epo 4.0 with agent 4.5 on a 2003 Server

Dlp issue's

Hi All,

We have an issue at work and this started happening when dlp was enabled (This being enabled for all users on our network) on our network. Also note we have migrate from a 2003 exchange server to a 2007 exchange server. We have been testing dlp with exchange 2003 and had no issue's like explained below. Once we migrated we started experiencing the below issue's.

1) once dlp is enabled, This being enabled for all users on our network it cause applications (outlook ) to hang ,

2) from a user point of view when attempting to type an email there is a huge delay compiling the email.

3) from a user  point of view when attempting to send the compiled email it eventually freezes before it is send and it hangs for +- 5 to 10 minutes.

4) from a user point of view when recieving attached files some recieve an email stating that the Exceeded allowable limit has been reached.

Is there anyone out there that is experiencing the same issue in there company?

Regards

Kevin