Depends on the agent version they are running, but assuming it's MA4, the easiest method is probably to check the MA4 package into the Evaluation branch of the master repo. You ca then manually add system tree entries for the two systems, and then push the agent to them: when pushing the agent you'll be able to select the MA4 package.
1) On the 4.5 server, export the master agent-to-server key. From the exported zip file, extract srpubkey.bin and reqseckey.bin to a temp folder.
2) Copy the sitelist.xml from the DB folder to the temp folder containing the key files.
3) Copy the temp folder to the client machines (c:\tempkeys, for example.)
4) On the client machine, locate frminst.exe (..\Program Files\McAfee\Common Framework by default)
5) From the command line execute the following:
frminst.exe /install=agent /siteinfo=c:\tempkeys\sitelist.xml
That should point the client at the new server and give it the new keys.
Thanks Joe, the first way wont let me check the package into anything other than the Current as Previous and Evaluation are greyed out.
Will give the second way a go, it'll be nice to see the servers in the console again!
That worked perfectly thanks Joe
1 of 1 people found this helpful
Oops, forgot that if you want to check packages into the Eval branch you have to enable the "allow check in for any branch" setting (under the "repository packages" server setting.) Sorry
Glad it's OK now though