2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 19, 2010 11:07 AM by Peter M Branched from an earlier discussion.

Problems updating my mcafee antivirus

3 MONTHS AGO I GOT THE MCFEE ANTIVIRUS PLUS 2010 AND IT DID WORK OK FOR THE FIRST MONTH..AFTER THAT SOMETHING HAPENS ON MY PC AND THE MCFFE WAS UNNABLE TO UPDATE AND EVERYTIME I WAS OPENING MY PC WAS ASKING ME TO LOG IN AND TELLING ME  MY PASSWORD WAS NOT CORRECT...FINALLY I HAD A TALK WITH MCFEE CUSTOMER SERVICE PERSON AND AFTER VERIFYING MY ACCOUNT SHE GAVE ME ONE PASSWORD...AND LATER SHE GAVE ME ANOTHER...AND SINCE THEN THE PC CAN'T UPDATE ANYMORE..MY PC GOT ANOTHER VIRUS AND GAVE ME A BLACK DESKTOP TELLING ME A KERNELL FILE WAS CORRUPTED AND WAS LOCK AND THEN TURNING OFF...SO I PAY SOMEBODY TO FIX IT ..AND CHARGE ME $150 FOR CLEANING A HARD DISK AND REINSTALLING W-XP CAUSE MC FEE ANTIVIRUS DID NOT DO TH JOB,AND I WAS LEFT WITHOUT HELP EVEN AFTER I TALK TO CUSTOMER SRVICE ASKING MY MONEY BACK...CAUSE STILL NOW IT IS NOT UPDATING..SO I ENG WITH ANOTHER NEW ANTIVIRUS AND NOW I AM GOING TO GO TO BLOGGS AND PUBLIC PLACES TO TELL MY STORY TO THE PUBLIC AND TO MAKE A COMPLAINT WITH THE DEPARTMENT OF PROFESSIONAL REGULATION WITH THE STATE OF FLORIDA FOR SELLING ME A JUNK ANTIVIRUS.

JESUS RODRIGUEZ--01/17-2010

• 1. Re: Problems updating my mcafee antivirus
          Peter M

Please do not use all caps as it is very difficult to read.   If you feel that your money was wasted then you can get it back or insist that they work on your machine until things are fixed.

I suggest you re-contact Technical Support Chat and tell them your story.

See McAfee Support at top of this page.

I moved this to its own thread as you have several issues or so it seems.

No anti-virus application is guaranteed to protect 100% so good luck with the lawsuit and good luck finding any others that are better.  It's up to you to keep your system up to date and to surf wisely and safely.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 19/01/10 12:05:08 EST PM
          • 2. Re: Problems updating my mcafee antivirus
            Peter M

Please do not post multiple threads.  If you need help ask the question.

If you just wish to complain please do not do it in these forums or you will be banned eventually.  They are for technical assistance, not customer relations issues.

For that you should be contacting Customer Service, a free phone call.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 19/01/10 12:07:27 EST PM