3 Replies Latest reply: Jan 16, 2010 4:09 PM by 2toneyt RSS

Error 12152

I have just recently uninstalled BitDefender antivirus because of the large amount of memory it takes up to install McAfee. I went through all the steps fine right until it gets to the downloading process. It stops at "gathering download information..." and switches to an error screen saying "We're having trouble installing your McAfee software (Download Error: 12152). Here are some things you can do to fix this:

*Try downloading the files again"

Clicking the try again link only results in the same response. I've tried clearing my cache and temp files, turning my firewall off and completely downloading it again multuple times but nothing seems to work. I'm running windows 7 on a Dell Latitude E5400. Any help would be appreciated.

• 1. Re: Error 12152

Well, I ended up setting it up in compatability mode with XP service pack 2 and it installed fine. i twas probably issues with windows 7

• 2. Re: Error 12152

Download now because McAfee Techs did solve the error 12152 problem using Windows 7. 2toneyt just successully downloaded McAfee Protection on my new hp dv4-2160us Entertainment Notebookl with Windows 7.

2toneyt  J. Toney

• 3. Re: Error 12152

Had same prob to day went to re download mcafee and errow code came up spent 6 hours trying to fix it  its just  download all ok  strange in windows 7 it helped to turn user controle off for me the bad bit was could not sign into forum or get live help on line  1st time in years same prob as rest getting help on it all