4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 12, 2010 11:42 AM by csteels

epo 4.5 distributed repository replication failing on one server

csteels

I have just about finished installing epo 4.5 and have set up the superagents/distributed repositories of which there are 35 in total.

34 of them have replicated fully and with no problems, one server however is not replicating at all and I am not sure where to start troubleshooting.

Looking at the task log information after the failure it is saying 'Failed to connect, error 11001 ( No such host is known. )'   Another thing I have spotted that is different to the other distributed repositories is the location is showing as 'nav260/Software' rather than 'servername/Software'

Has anybody else had a similar problem or could anyone give me advice on how to troubleshoot this one?

Thanks

• 1. Re: epo 4.5 distributed repository replication failing on one server
          jstanley

Re-replicate to the repository and after it fails grab a copy of the epoapsvr.log and the agent log from the client and post them here. Also post the name of the distributed repository you are failing to replicate to.

The error posted indicates it could be a DNS issue. On the ePO server try running "nslookup <whatever the name is of the machine hosting the repository>" and see if it resolves the correct IP.

• 2. Re: epo 4.5 distributed repository replication failing on one server
            csteels

Doing an nslookup from the main epo server brings back the correct IP address for the server in question.

Looking in epoapsvr.log it reads -

HTTP Session initialized
            20100112171806 I #7176 naInet   Connecting to HTTP Server in socket-mode
            20100112171806 I #7176 naInet   Connecting to Real Server: nav260 on port: 8081
            20100112171808 E #7176 naInet   failed to find host for HTTP server: nav260:8081, error 11001
            20100112171808 I #7176 naInet   HTTP Session closed

Where nav260 is for some reason in the place of where the servers actual hostname should be which is what Im finding most confusing!

• 3. Re: epo 4.5 distributed repository replication failing on one server
              jstanley

Is the agent service present and started on the client? If you do a "netstat -anb" on the client is FrameworkService.exe listening on port 8081? From the ePO server can you successfully connect using "telnet <client machine's name> 8081"?

Socket Error 11001 effectively indicates a failure to connect.

• 4. Re: epo 4.5 distributed repository replication failing on one server
                csteels

Got it!  Seems somebody had populated the hosts file with nav260 for an old application and epo agent had somehow picked the name up...

I #'d the entry out and redeployed the agent to the server, after checking the location in the list was correct at servername.domain/Software I replicated successfully finally.

Thanks for your help Jeremy, pointed me in the right direction of name resolution issues after a very long day!!